Hell-Razor

Mounting amp to back of seat

Well a few questions here. Would you guys mount your amps to the back of your seats if you could? Why or why not?

Second -- I tried mounting my small amp to the back of my seat but its at least 3/4 inch metal. We tried using a metal bit but it ended up wrecking it. Both my friend and I tried for a few minutes trying to trill one hole but couldn't get it to drill through.

Well a few questions here. Would you guys mount your amps to the back of your seats if you could? Why or why not?

Second -- I tried mounting my small amp to the back of my seat but its at least 3/4 inch metal. We tried using a metal bit but it ended up wrecking it. Both my friend and I tried for a few minutes trying to trill one hole but couldn't get it to drill through.

Look at my build log it will answer the question for you and show you how I did it, just to make a long story short I would and do.

Look at my build log it will answer the question for you and show you how I did it, just to make a long story short I would and do.

Wow quick response and thanks.

Also I read through your build log and saw how you built the board. My problem is how do I drill through the metal when I used two drill bits made for metal and it refused to go through.

Need more details on the "didn't go through". Metal drill bits when used correctly should have no problems drilling through metal.

Need more details on the "didn't go through". Metal drill bits when used correctly should have no problems drilling through metal.

The drill bit simply just kept on spinning and spinning. I have drilled through hundreds of metal plates in the past for construction and I am positive I am drilling correctly. One drill bit was almost ruined and the second we gave up on after about seven or eight minutes. Maybe the back of the seat is made out of titanium? Or some super super super dense metal? Im going to go look for a diamond tip later and if that doesnt do it then I guess im sol.

Sure your bit is sharp? Are you using some cutting fluid?

No cutting fluid -- the carpet will soak that up and it will stink for weeks. And the bits were bought not less than an hour before.

I doubt the seat is all that tough. Was the bit spinning the right direction?

have you tried to drill a small pilot hole first and then get up to whatever size you need it to be?

Yup

Ive had the same problems on a steel ac stand. Just had to go through a couple different brands to see which one worked best. Nothing but diamond tipped to start for me.