rickandleli

8 ICON 15s or 4 XCON 18s

Which would be louder and sound better ultimately? 8 icon 15s or 4 XCON 18s? I know the 15s have more cone area, but the 18S are more efficient, handle more power, and have more excursion. Would run 4 15s off of a 3500d or 2 of the 18s off the same amp.

Well 8 15's will have more motor force, cone area and probably more over all power handling. what are your goals, electrical system, monetary limits.

Really no way to know outside of flat out testing. Both will be brutally loud and can have clean sound, but the differences will be in the install.

Which would be louder and sound better ultimately? 8 icon 15s or 4 XCON 18s? I know the 15s have more cone area, but the 18S are more efficient, handle more power, and have more excursion. Would run 4 15s off of a 3500d or 2 of the 18s off the same amp.

:faintthud:

8 15's is more unique.

I would do 4 18's if I was in the same boat. It would be much easier IMO. So if you want the wow factor and the "because I can" do the 8 15's

If you can fit 8 15s do it up. I was only able to fit 6 in my car and thus was not worth doing over 4 18s. 8 15s will get you louder that 4 18s.

Are your goals just spl? If they are, then you should look into fi or dc audio. SSA makes a hybrid of sound and output. You get a little of both.

Did not re read your first post. Continue on ahahah.

Edited by Lucky 76

Out of those I'd go for 8 15's. Way more cone area and "wow" factor.

I'll also echo the sentiment that 4 18's would be a lot less work!

Really no way to know outside of flat out testing. Both will be brutally loud and can have clean sound, but the differences will be in the install.

:werd_msword:

Depending on the vehicle, you may not even be able to build a proper box for 8 15" woofers.

I say go with 4 18's.

If you could fit 8 15s and have enough cu ft I say go for it! Have you measured your potential dimensions?

Plus I say dont go with 4 18s because I am the only one that has 4 18" xcons :santa: