Sign in to follow this  
ncacoates

What are your numbers?

Just wondering what you other guys with x-cons are metering. Im getting a 148 at the headrest and a flat 150 on the windshield. Im really wanting more now but im not sure what to do. any suggestions?

Lets talk about the box and your electrical.

4 50ah agms and 2 runs of 1/0 to the back. 2 1/0 grounds up front and 2 in the back with the battery bank. I usually hold around 12.8 so yes the voltage itsnt the greatest but i cant afford a HO alternator. Im working with about 3.4 cubes a sub at 30hz. Im thinking it was to trim the port down to up the tuning to say 35hz itss help alot and ill gain a good little bit of air space. Im really not wanting to loose much in the low end department but im sure at 35 itll still pound and be louder.

Tuning will help. Also, any box bracing done? You could look into a voltage regulator.

Gotta do some bracing With all-tread and a voltage regulator would probably help. Just dont want to burn my alternator up when i aint got the money to replace it. I guess im already giving it hell anyways.

I know this thread is a little old but did you like the sound of the xcon tuned to 35 hz. Im thinking about going with a xcon on my next build and trying it out at 35 hz. Its a little higher than optimal but i bet it still sounds amazing.

I did not try it yet its been so crazy lately. One day i hope but id assume they will be more precise at the higher tuning or sound that way at least. Im sure low end loss will be minimal and at 30hz my roll off was like 18hz... seriously i cant hear but the box plays it very well. Id assume with the higher tuning it will bring the roll off up to say 25ish which is more than low enough for me. we shall see but i would go as far to say 34-35hz may be more sq friendly than 30hz.

If you want a higher score you need a higher tune. 30 hz is ultra low for any type of SPL competition in any vehicle I've ever seen. If you are going to be competing, perhaps you'd want to look into adjustable ports or have two ports that you can interchange, one with your 30 hz daily tune and the other with a 40+ hz SPL tune.

yeah id love to build a huge box with alot of port area and say 43hz since that's what my car has been peaking at. Though i know that could change when the box is ported higher.

i believe i did a 142 when i last meter and it wasnt set right. in a sealed box ha