steveo50

ground noise

ok well i hooked up my new rw and blew my amp after 2 days and i put a new amp on it and it has ground noise and i tryed another amp it still had ground noise i redid my ground new washer and such and looked at my power and remote wire and i still have the ground noise can you help me thank you

Did you use a fresh ground for your headunit?

What brand of h/u? Did you try different RCA's?

no i didnt put a new ground on the hu i have a jenson flip up im not sure what kind of rca i have they should be brand new im not sure if its ground noise its the sub just hitting when the volume is all the way off and it sounds like crap

Edited by steveo50

"Hitting" doesn't sound like a ground issue.

You need to give us a better description of exactly what "sounds like crap"

Something in your install is wrong especially the ground if you have a gound noise. Check all your connections: battery ground, amp ground, head unit ground (make sure paint is sanded off the grounding spots also).

the sound is the sub just hitting and wont stop like once i turn my car on it sounds kinda like thunder and just keeps going idk if that is really helpfull i just switched rcas its still doing it im not sure where my head unit is grounded but im pulling it all out right now

I had the same propblem as steveo50. I checked everythong and i even have two grounds coming off my yellow top. I think the olny thing left to do is ground the rca's. I would really like to see how steveo50 fixes this. I hope you do man i hate this noise. mine is only on my highs though. sub is clean

I had the same propblem as steveo50. I checked everythong and i even have two grounds coming off my yellow top. I think the olny thing left to do is ground the rca's. I would really like to see how steveo50 fixes this. I hope you do man i hate this noise. mine is only on my highs though. sub is clean

If you have a screeching noise just in your highs then check your grounds and I mean all of them because you either dont have it grounded right somewhere (either system or electrical). Mine was like that too and it took three years to fix it because I notice that the factory grounds didnt have paint shaved off before they were put on and after shaving the paint off the sound went away (plus doing the BIG 3 helped also).

the sound is the sub just hitting and wont stop like once i turn my car on it sounds kinda like thunder and just keeps going idk if that is really helpfull i just switched rcas its still doing it im not sure where my head unit is grounded but im pulling it all out right now

I had that same problem, the headunit rca's are damaged. Its like right when your amp turns on the sub is playing a continuous bass note non-stop, if so then you need another head unit.

Jay-cee i ahve the big three done all grounds are stripped with a mini grinder. 0 gauge all the way back. I have an old clarion pro audio that may be the problem. But like steveo50 the noise didnt start untill i changed amps. The wine is real low and doesnt get any louder with volume.

i used to have that problem. but i did the cheap fix. Ground Loop Isolators. only about $15 from walmart, goes inline with your rca's.

friend had the problem with his silverado ended up the RCA's. wrapped a ground wire around the male rca's and that was that.

Double check your grounds but also let us know:

Does the problem exist with the rca's unplugged from the amp? How about just unplugged from the head? Different RCA's solve the problem?

Glad to hear you got everything working back to normal :drink40: