lilredfocus

sa8 or btls

i was wondering if u could help me. im changing cars and want to put a smaller box in it. right now i have 2 15 btls in a 8.5 cft box. i want to get the sa8's , 4 of em, would i be loosing a crap load of sound. i realize that they are 8s but will i hate myself for changing. im getting a magnum and im using a saz2000. they will be vented.

its really install dependant, jacob just did a 150.7 on his single sa-8.

well and I am sure two 15" BTLs can get pass 150s too. But in a magnum and from what was said in the first post, I highly doubt he can do 150s with either.

well and I am sure two 15" BTLs can get pass 150s too. But in a magnum and from what was said in the first post, I highly doubt he can do 150s with either.

i did get 154.2 on a tl with the btls the saz2k was at .5ohm

i did get 154.2 on a tl with the btls the saz2k was at .5ohm

You sure it was a TL meter? Install dependent on your first question, the only way to tell is get the 4 8" speakers and do a test then compare your scores (basic simple answer).

They are 8s after all... going from 353 in^2 cone area to 200 in^2 with about half the stroke of the BTL -- yes, you will lose a good bit of output.

It will be MUCH more compact, though.

Maybe you should keep one btl with this sub?

4 8's will look cool, but don't expect to break spl records !

If you're running that amp at 1/2 ohm with both subs, just run 1 sub at 1 ohm with 4.5ft or so, and 60-70 sq of port.

You may or may not be louder with 4 8s, but you already have the subs to build an enclosure, so do that and see if you're pleased with the output/sound or not.

Most likely you'll feel like you're lacking on bass with that much less cone area. But if you run the 8s sealed you'll be able to run a much smaller box.