Sign in to follow this  
joshtazz

a few questions

So i have had my btl for a while now and am very pleazed with it. I had a few questions though.

1) i currently have a saz 1500 d sundown to it and was wondering if i got a bigger amp (of course another sundown) if it would really be any difference.

2)what is the best way to tell the subsonic filter is set at because i think its around 34 hertz but i am conserned because of what i read about poorly set sub filters.

thanks for the help

So i have had my btl for a while now and am very pleazed with it. I had a few questions though.

1) i currently have a saz 1500 d sundown to it and was wondering if i got a bigger amp (of course another sundown) if it would really be any difference.

2)what is the best way to tell the subsonic filter is set at because i think its around 34 hertz but i am conserned because of what i read about poorly set sub filters.

thanks for the help

There is no exact way to tell where it is set, just play a good bass song with some good excursion and watch your subs at the highest volume you jam to. If your sub looks like it is reaching its mechanical limit then turn it up some.

Yeah if you upgrade to like the SAZ-3000 or SAZ-3500D then you will notice a difference, just hope your sub can handle it (did you get it fully loaded)?

Ask yourself if that extra money is worth 1-2 dbs. Doubling power theoretically gets you 3 dbs, but as many a competitor will tell you, the real world results are generally in the 1-2 range.

ya i prob wont go bigger amp then. thanks for ur help.

i also wanted to ask i def need a new alt i already have done the big 3 and the voltage drop is badd.

so what company would u recomend for a high output alt.

and what amperage would u suggest.

the vehicle is a 2002 jeep liberty 3.7 liter

Edited by joshfi

Since you have an American car the choices are pretty limitless. Ohio Gen makes great alts as does Mean Green and Power master.

DCPowerinc.com I swear by their alts. Also look to MissinglinkAudio.com for a control mod for your vehicle to boost voltage.

I agree with most above... that much money for 3dB isnt justified to me for most daily applications. Id run what you have and focus on electrical before anything else.

Thanks and happy holidays,

Scott

thanks everyone for their help. i plan on getting a alt verry soon . I got everything set just the way i wanted it today and it sounds great. happy holidays

DCPowerinc.com I swear by their alts. Also look to MissinglinkAudio.com for a control mod for your vehicle to boost voltage.

I agree with most above... that much money for 3dB isnt justified to me for most daily applications. Id run what you have and focus on electrical before anything else.

Thanks and happy holidays,

Scott

just wondering on how that contriol module works thanks.

Sign in to follow this