xmx2188

will fmod 30hertz as subsonic flter work?

hey guys a have jbl gto1200 amp going out at 1117 watts rms at 2ohm into a dual 1ohm fi bl 18in my amp doesnt come with a subsonic filter and the sub will be in a ported box tuned to 32 hertz will a fmod at 30 hertz be good?

hey guys a have jbl gto1200 amp going out at 1117 watts rms at 2ohm into a dual 1ohm fi bl 18in my amp doesnt come with a subsonic filter and the sub will be in a ported box tuned to 32 hertz will a fmod at 30 hertz be good?

Any sub sonic filter that has a frequency from 25Hz to 30hz will work fine.

you have to see.

Those fmod things are rated based on ohms so make sure you get one for the right wire configuration. 2nd, see what the rolloff is on them because i don't know them off hand. If they have a small roll off of 3-6db, might wanna get one just a hair higher if you start to have bottoming out issues.

you have to see.

Those fmod things are rated based on ohms so make sure you get one for the right wire configuration. 2nd, see what the rolloff is on them because i don't know them off hand. If they have a small roll off of 3-6db, might wanna get one just a hair higher if you start to have bottoming out issues.

hers the description for the product Product Description

What is an FMOD? The FMOD is an active crossover simulator. It is better than a much more expensive electronic crossover that requires power to operate. FMODs are packaged in pairs and can be combined with other FMODs to obtain bandpass ranges or with other types of crossovers to change the slope and crossover frequency point. FMODs feature a 12 dB per octave crossover slope and are compatible with all RCA type input amps...simply place the FMOD in-line with the patch cable running between the source (head unit) and the amplifier. 24 kt gold over brass construction, 10 volts maximum RMS input. One-year manfacturer warranty. Made in the U.S.A.

ok, lol forget what i said about ohms, ...

That should be fine.

you have to see.

Since you thought they were passive, why 3dB? Seems funny to expect that they would spend extra on components to make a 3dB slope when a 6dB is a single component.

i dont know, not everything can be taken for granted when it comes to car audio products... See and hear some odd products out there.

I've never seen a passive 3dB crossover ever. Really doesn't make any sense at all.

lol, i havent either. Maybe i was coverin the boundaries just in case there was an oddball out there.