Chevy350TPI

Ohio Guys ...

I think i would wetmyself if i could go to that.

Bye bye pay cheque !

cant make that...slippery rock 3x is that weekend :)

cant make that...slippery rock 3x is that weekend :)

Good luck! :)

Not only are some prices going to likely be insane that day, but there's foooooooooood ...

chit, i might try to make that...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Hmmm....PE is only like 3-4hrs away from me. I may just end up trying to go to that........

LOL....it could end up being a "SSA meet" at the PE sale....

Hmmm....PE is only like 3-4hrs away from me.  I may just end up trying to go to that........

LOL....it could end up being a "SSA meet" at the PE sale....

that would be kewl...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

a mid-west SSA meet, that would kick arse

but that means I would have to drive way south and get Nick and head to Florida to Casey for the SSA east side

side note,

would someone be able to maybe snag me a pair of mid bass drivers from the sale? I would paypal the money instantly...

now I need to find a pair at a decent price that would go in a little console in the explorer, amplifer would probably be an RF 250a2 or US Acoustics 2075 (ZED Audio)

tell me what you want and I'll be more than happy to find em

well I was going to ask for some assistance, it has been a while that I have bough dedicated mid-bass, and parts express does not carry Eclipse or Orion or Crystal and espically ID,

so I am a little out of my expertise when it comes to some of these companies, the Morel's have very nice specs, along with the Davis mid-bass but that is more than I want to spend, I am not looking for super high end, just a quality mid-bass that will go into a small console box upfront, helping me bring my sound stage a little forward, I would probably run them at 350hz and below for this particular install,

well I was going to ask for some assistance, it has been a while that I have bough dedicated mid-bass, and parts express does not carry Eclipse or Orion or Crystal and espically ID,

so I am a little out of my expertise when it comes to some of these companies, the Morel's have very nice specs, along with the Davis mid-bass but that is more than I want to spend, I am not looking for super high end, just a quality mid-bass that will go into a small console box upfront, helping me bring my sound stage a little forward, I would probably run them at 350hz and below for this particular install,

Does it have to be exactly a certain size or just around 6.5-7"? Vifa PL, Peerless CSX, Dayton RS. The dayton is shielded and only in 8 ohm, so that may be a problem. The Vifa is available in 4 ohm, and the CSX has been available in 4 ohm, I don't know if PE still has some though. The Dayton is a very high quality driver and you shouldn't have any problem with cone resonance at that bandwidth. I've heard mixed reviews about the Vifa, but I think that was just about the midrange, should be good for midbass and I'm pretty sure it shares some parts with the JL XR.

Does it have to be exactly a certain size or just around 6.5-7"? Vifa PL, Peerless CSX, Dayton RS. The dayton is shielded and only in 8 ohm, so that may be a problem. The Vifa is available in 4 ohm, and the CSX has been available in 4 ohm, I don't know if PE still has some though. The Dayton is a very high quality driver and you shouldn't have any problem with cone resonance at that bandwidth. I've heard mixed reviews about the Vifa, but I think that was just about the midrange, should be good for midbass and I'm pretty sure it shares some parts with the JL XR.

I will look at the Dayton, do you have experince with Daivs or Morel?

I don't really hear that much about the Davis drivers. For the price, it seems like there's better options. For $75-150/driver, there's some really top-end alternatives. I do know some people that have used Morel and enjoyed them, but just have only used the tweeters.

This site hasn't been updated for quite a while but its still a good reference: http://ldsg.snippets.org/idx.php3

If you want some more to read check out:

www.diyaudio.com

www.diymobileaudio.com

www.pesupport.com

Really with the narrow bandwith you're looking for, there's quite a few cheap speakers that will work really well. But if you have money to burn I would suggest buying a few different speakers and auditioning them, then sell off the ones you don't like and buy another for a pair. That wouldn't really take advantage of the PE tent sale, but you can get comfort in having a first hand, comparative advantage.

I don't really hear that much about the Davis drivers. For the price, it seems like there's better options. For $75-150/driver, there's some really top-end alternatives. I do know some people that have used Morel and enjoyed them, but just have only used the tweeters.

This site hasn't been updated for quite a while but its still a good reference: http://ldsg.snippets.org/idx.php3

If you want some more to read check out:

www.diyaudio.com

www.diymobileaudio.com

www.pesupport.com

Really with the narrow bandwith you're looking for, there's quite a few cheap speakers that will work really well. But if you have money to burn I would suggest buying a few different speakers and auditioning them, then sell off the ones you don't like and buy another for a pair. That wouldn't really take advantage of the PE tent sale, but you can get comfort in having a first hand, comparative advantage.

thanks Luke, I dont really have money to burn ATM, but I would like to stay in the $25 - 45 range per speaker, I am not going to audiophile level just want to add some inexpensive midbass, I could run a pair of 8 ohm's in a 4 ohm mono on my amp, but I would rather have them in stereo configuration, the Hi Vi 8" look very nice, but I do not know anyone who owns them in a car install, the CSX 6.5 and 8" look like solid and are within reason in price range

I hope that someone would be able to snag a pair for me at the tent sale

I've used HiVi, but only the full-range stuff. In that price range and at 4 ohm, I would probably pick up the CSX if they have the 4 ohm version. If not, Madisound does.

Are you building the Dr. K MTM's?

I took Vince's VHT design and modified it a little bit for aesthetics and internal volume - I've got a thread in the 'Show Off' section here. Should have them done, oh, I'd say ... ealy/mid July.

Once again, Denim, let me or Nate, I mean Noah, know what you want, we'll get it for ya...

that would be awesome, Luke and Steve are helping me figure it out which model to go with, the Dayton are 4ohm, but a little lower in quality that I want, but the 7" Dayton Euros and Reference models look to fit every need except they are 8 ohms, I could run them mono and they would see much more power

I'd have like 3 choices lined up, cause what you want the most, may not be there...  Just a thought...

x2 - and they might even have something out of your price range there priced so well that you couldn't pass it up.