Sign in to follow this  
acousticguitar

Alpine v. Planet Audio -- 4 ch amps?

I have the option of using either amps for my components (Rainbow) and rear fill (JBL mids):

Alpine MRV-F302 V12, 4x50 @ 4 ohm @ 14.4

Planet Audio P450, 4 x 50 @ ohm

Anyone have exp with these or similar amps from the Alpine and PA lines? Which one will get me better SQ?

Advice appreciated. Thanks!

my PA amps are not from that line but PA makes a good product, nothing to worry about there

You won't make a mistake choosing one over the other - both are good products.

i would say that an amp is an amp.

It just depends on what features you are looking for.

i would say that an amp is an amp.

It just depends on what features you are looking for.

Looking for good SQ. I had heard that PA amps were nice, but then I ran into this review:

http://www.elitecaraudio.com/forums/showth...?threadid=80567

Of course, I am not sure if this is just one person w/ golden ears and I won't be able to tell the diff...

have you looked at the new Zed Audio amplifers? the prices seem very reasonable, and I have owned a few amplifers that were sourced from Zed Audio and they were excellent

have you looked at the new Zed Audio amplifers? the prices seem very reasonable, and I have owned a few amplifers that were sourced from Zed Audio and they were excellent

And you can order them with burr brown chips. I don't know what that actually does to the sound but supposedly it is a nice improvment.

And you can order them with burr brown chips. I don't know what that actually does to the sound but supposedly it is a nice improvment.

The ZEDs are extremely nice. I just got one, a Gladius with the Burr brown upgrade, delivered on Monday to replace my Orion XTR375 that finally died... I have had it in several installs and it has always been good. The new line of Zed amps has been in the back of my mind since I heard they were making their own amps. It sounds excellent even on the crappy speakers that I have in right now, as my CDT comps are out for warranty work...

The only thing is now I want to get the Minilith to replace my current sub amp... But that is going to be hard for me to convince the boss (my wife) to let me buy right now. :lol2: But my birth day isn't too far away, so maybe I can work that angle...

Both are good amps, you wont be dissapointed