JoshM20

12's or 10's

damn tough break

have you considered sealed more or less lately. most of all for the sound quality i prefer the sealed over the ported i find there is a slower response to the music like bass drums etc that a sealed helps on that a ported does not i think it called a slower transducer response. for the ported when compared to the sealed and ya rap does sound good in some boxes depending on how build. as for which i would go 12's or 10's also what about just rebuilding a sealed enclosure for that 15 reason i say that is not sure what it's in. i got to do it for my mach 5 ixl 15.2.2 i am a big fan of sealed / band pass boxes and just think the sound quality is better in them. though i do not think a band pass will fit so what about sealed? some time's you just got to forget what the other guy said that loud is best and go for sound quality because you like the music.

i find there is a slower response to the music like bass drums etc that a sealed helps on that a ported does not i think it called a slower transducer response.

No on both accounts. :(

damn tough break

have you considered sealed more or less lately. most of all for the sound quality i prefer the sealed over the ported i find there is a slower response to the music like bass drums etc that a sealed helps on that a ported does not i think it called a slower transducer response. for the ported when compared to the sealed and ya rap does sound good in some boxes depending on how build. as for which i would go 12's or 10's also what about just rebuilding a sealed enclosure for that 15 reason i say that is not sure what it's in. i got to do it for my mach 5 ixl 15.2.2 i am a big fan of sealed / band pass boxes and just think the sound quality is better in them. though i do not think a band pass will fit so what about sealed? some time's you just got to forget what the other guy said that loud is best and go for sound quality because you like the music.

Maybe you need to get someone else to do your box designs. I have never had a bad response with my ported boxes compared to my sealed ones.

...i find there is a slower response to the music like bass drums etc that a sealed helps on that a ported does not...

:orly3:

You obviously haven't listened to my subwoofers.

And FYI it's called transient response.

This is a great topic as some excellent info is being shared. :)

This is a great topic as some excellent info is being shared. :)

Aaron I know your referring to my picture ;)