CadillacMatt

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

:woot:
SECOND SKIN GIVEAWAY REVIEW!!

:woot:

(Sorry if it takes a while to load there are a few pics!)

I am no stranger to this wonderful product... having two full layers in the trunk, generous amounts on the front doors and rear trunk wall I've really enjoyed what a big difference in sound quality Damp Pro has made. Before I installed it, pretty much every panel on the car would vibrate incessantly and after futile attempts at fixing the problem with weatherstripping and rags I decided to order a pack last summer.

I'm very grateful to Ant at SSA for choosing me as a winner in the giveaway contest, and for allowing me to finally complete my sound deadening endeavor. I chose to install the door pack I was sent onto the roof, because it was the most logical choice between the areas of the car I haven't covered. My roof skin had separated from the roof support, causing the panel to go apenuts with certain frequencies of bass, so I tackled the process today of damplifying the roof (is that a word? If not it should be hehe)

Since two full layers in the trunk worked wonders, I tried something a little different this time... I placed full square pieces in between the roof supports onto the bare skin of the roof and applied "center" pieces of the material in the middle of each larger piece... I imagine it'll help the vibrations quite a bit.

At the time of this writing my headliner is still dropped inside of the car for preparations of my screens being installed so I'm going to have to wait a bit to test it out, but there is no doubt in my mind that this will make a huge difference in the sound.

I really promote this product at car shows, I especially argue the price point vs. performance of the product (when compared to other more expensive brands vs. square footage such as DynaMat) and I came up with the idea of maybe cutting up a piece into small squares and handing it out at the car shows with the website written on it... so people can go and compare for themselves... like I tell everyone I'm all about saving money while keeping the quality straight ;)

So thanks again SecondSkin and keep up the great work!

Oh, and remember kids, the edges are sharp! I forgot to wear gloves this time and paid for it with nicked fingers.

IMG00638-20100103-1614.jpg

Headliner dropped can't get it out :P

IMG00001-20100105-1604.jpg

IMG00002-20100105-1624.jpg

IMG00003-20100105-1624.jpg

Here are some older pics from my initial install last summer:

DCP_0007-2.jpg

DCP_0011.jpg

Bare trunk

DCP_0012.jpg

DCP_0013.jpg

DCP_0014.jpg

The aftermath of a day of Damplifying!

DCP_0015.jpg

DCP_0034-2.jpg

Trunk Lid

DCP_0006-1.jpg

Hazards of the job!!! lol

nice review, fuck yr arm looks like shit. nice choise in shoes!! i own a SHIT load of forces.

nice review, fuck yr arm looks like shit. nice choise in shoes!! i own a SHIT load of forces.

x2, i think i own the same ones

Lol thanks, they are pretty jacked up being 5 years old or so, so now I just wear them when I go to the river :P. The strap keeps them from falling off in the water.