Sign in to follow this  
Dutchie.

Only one rca out for the sub amp?

My friend and I are installing this head unit: Dual XDVD8183 All In-Dash Car Stereo Receivers Car Stereo Receivers and Head Units Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

and there is only one output for the subwoofer amp. So instead of a red and white one there is only a blue one for the subwoofer out.

There are two normal ones for the front and rear, so could we just use the rear outputs? Also there is a single center output, could you use this along with the single subwoofer out? I can take pictures if needed.

Just use the Subwoofer out you mentioned, and use a Y splitter. Then you can control whatever functionality that is associate with the sub out on the head unit.

I'd just assume that that output sums the left and right sub signal.

Just use the Subwoofer out you mentioned, and use a Y splitter. Then you can control whatever functionality that is associate with the sub out on the head unit.

x2 the rear output is full range and not made for subs you could use it but you would get better performance and sound out of it by using the sub out

x2 the rear output is full range and not made for subs you could use it but you would get better performance and sound out of it by using the sub out

I would imagine on that headunit the sub output is full range as well. It's just that the sub output probably has certain adjustments that can be made from the head unit, like subwoofer level or some bass frequency range-specific EQ, that would make it beneficial to use the subwoofer out.

Got the y-splitter and am using the sub out. Thanks for the help everyone.