Sign in to follow this  
basshead123

dustcap question?

Does anyone know if you can order the xcon dust cap to be like the icon subwoofers?I like that sunk in look looks beefy.. :peepwall:

Yes you may :), you would have to just fill out the comment form while purchasing this from the shop. hope that helps.

ive always kinda wondered why there is no dustcap on the xcons...

ive always kinda wondered why there is no dustcap on the xcons...

There is a dust cap on the XCONs.

well y is it like flat? i guess that is the term im looking for lol it doesnt look like the other subs dust cap.

well y is it like flat? i guess that is the term im looking for lol it doesnt look like the other subs dust cap.

You can have a "normal" dust cap put on them. That's just how Mark and Aaron liked it ;)

There are lots of subs like that in the market : w7, Kicker L7,...don't you think ? Or I didn't understand it right peepwall.gif

Much of it has to do with performance. The pressure behind the dust cap on the Xcon can get much greater then on the Icon, so the single full concave dust cap on the Xcon can take that pressure better then the convex dustcap on the Icon. The Xcon dustcap is a little heavier, but for the Xcon, it is needed.

Would it be possible to get an Icon with the Xcon style dustcap? Think it looks better inverted :P

Would it be possible to get an Icon with the Xcon style dustcap? Think it looks better inverted :P

There is a chance for that on the next version of the Icon, but it is not finalized yet.

There is a chance for that on the next version of the Icon, but it is not finalized yet.

Cool. :santa: Can't wait.... :popcorn:

Aaron are you thinking of making it a standard on all the woofers, or just an option?

Aaron are you thinking of making it a standard on all the woofers, or just an option?

Have not decided yet.