emh9009

Anything wrong with this?

so ive been looking around for ideas how to get mach5 mli 6.5s and tweets in my doors, but the mounting depth is kicking my a$$. the magnet will hit the window when its rolled down if i put it in the stock location. im wanting to do minimal modification to my doors to keep it as stock as possible*. i saw this and figured it would be perfect for me, if it wont hurt the speaker at all. i cant think of any reason it would, but im just making sure. should i seal behind it with something, or just use some deadening on the door itself?

seaswooferindoor2.jpg

any input would be nice, thanks! hope this works, and if it does work i hope it comes out cleaner than that one :P

Edited by watts09

why not just get a router and route you out a baffle ring out of wood?

You would get a drawing of your mounting holes that hold the stock speaker in there and draw that out on the wood then draw the cut out of the speaker itself in the center.

The screw holes that would normally hold the stock speaker would now hold this baffle ring which if using 3\4" mdf will save you 3\4" of mounting depth.

Then you just use some 3\4" screws and screw the new speaker into the mounting ring and TADA!

No picture dude.popcorn.gif

fixed

I see nothing but a forbidden link. Either way a baffle is a MUST.

That would work great...I'd make it look better though

You would get a drawing of your mounting holes that hold the stock speaker in there and draw that out on the wood then draw the cut out of the speaker itself in the center.

The screw holes that would normally hold the stock speaker would now hold this baffle ring which if using 3\4" mdf will save you 3\4" of mounting depth.

Then you just use some 3\4" screws and screw the new speaker into the mounting ring and TADA!

i dont think we have a router laying around, but i can ask some people. i've thought of this, i just need to measure and see if i have enough room to put the stock grill over it. if i did that i would have to figure out where to put the tweeter. i really wouldn't like to cut a hole in my door panels or anywhere.

X2. It would be exactly the same but look much better.

That would work great...I'd make it look better though

of course. paint or cloth covering, and better edges... hopefully! :drink40:

there is no stock tweeter in your door?

IF there isn't.. then you are going to be placing your tweeter completely behind your door panel...

Might as well wear ear muffs when you turn on your stereo....

Seriously, you are going to have to modify your door panel if you want to mount your tweeter behind it if there is no stock location.

there is no stock tweeter in your door?

IF there isn't.. then you are going to be placing your tweeter completely behind your door panel...

Might as well wear ear muffs when you turn on your stereo....

Seriously, you are going to have to modify your door panel if you want to mount your tweeter behind it if there is no stock location.

you mean if i dont cut a hole for it? i dont have stock tweeters... i did some measuring with a 7" diameter 3/4" ring... pictures up in a min...

i cant remember the measurements of the mli-6.5 but if i remember right the outer diameter is 6 5/8". i may be able to do this, with a different size ring...

dscf0049vu.jpg

there's the door itself

dscf0057d.jpg

dscf0058b.jpg

stock speaker location

dscf0059ro.jpg

just a little too big, maybe if i sand down a side to squeeze it in?

dscf0061x.jpg

different placement overlap starts where my finger is

dscf0063.jpg

this speaker is just over 6" and it goes under to panel on the top right, but there is a lot of room to the bottom left... think this is do-able with just a ring?

Hey I pm'd you, I have some already made out of polyurethane plastic that will fit the mli-6.5's that I will sell to you. I wouldnt put wood in my front door due to water getting in there and the wood will get moisture and that wouldnt be good that is why I got mine made of plastic.