SpeakerBoy

Strapping two AQ2200D amplifiers

Due to my inability to use the SSA search feature (i'm guessing it's the school computers) could anyone either post a link to another thread, or a simple diagram on how to do so?

*the tech guy at our school screwed up yesterday and programmed all sites not relating to school stuff (search engines too, once an non related search was given) to be locked automatically :suicide-santa: . it turned out his parameters were much too vague :Doh: . He is untangling it now, or i woulda used google.

You dont have to just search SSA, they are all over the internet on how to do so. You can always go to audioque and call DJ to ask him personally also.

don't you have the manual?

Let me tell you how to do this-

NOTE BEFORE CONTINUING-

When strapping amps, they rely on each other. If in some scenario one amp goes into protect while the other one does not, it's possible to kill both amps. I've had my own experience in that and it isn't fun. This happened due to a shipping damage internally and there's no way to know if the output section is damaged until you strap them.

Once it is strapped, if the output is XTREMELY low, shut it off immediately to prevent damage!

Now, onto strapping-

Take one amp, set it's switch to MASTER

Take the other amp, set it's switch to SLAVE.

Now, get your MASTER amp and follow-

Run the rcas from head unit to this amp.

Take a single rca line and run it from MASTER to SLAVE

Now FOLLOW THIS VERY CAREFULLY-

Take speaker wire and run it from BOTH negative terminals from the MASTER amp and connect them to the negative terminals on the SLAVE amp.

So now u got all negative terminals on both amps connected to each other.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT-

The MASTER amp is the Positive terminal amp.

The SLAVE amp is the Negative terminal amp.

Connect ALL positive leads to the positive terminals on the MASTER amp.

Connect ALL negative leads to the positive terminals on the SLAVE amp.

Please remember-

When strapping amps that are individually 1 ohm stable, you can only connect a coil configuration of no less than 2 ohms nominal to the pair.

Considering how rampant Chris makes threads I expect that the portion that you label VERY CAREFULLY he'll ignore. Hopefully by me posting he will re-read it.

Considering how rampant Chris makes threads I expect that the portion that you label VERY CAREFULLY he'll ignore. Hopefully by me posting he will re-read it.

Lol M5 :lol:

I am inquiring, as my friend has one AQ2200D already, and is planning on upgrading to two more Type R's, and WAS planning on selling the first amp and getting an AQ3500D, but decided against it, and is just buying another 22. Thanks Shizzzon, as i read it, that makes sense, so shouldn't be too hard to do. Once he gets the other amp, i will wire it up and post a few pictures, to be sure.

To clear it up, the tech guy totally raped the school internet setup so googling it didnt exactly work.

Quick box question: he currently has two Type R's in a bestbuy prefab (not bad for a prefab, but still leaves alot to be desired) rear firing ported in the middle in his ford taurus. since we will be building the box for the four twelves, what would be louder to the ear; all four facing up, port back, or four facing the rear, port back. we have the room to do either so space isnt an issue. both are with rear deck speakers removed, seats up.

everything back. If running less subs, i would say try side firing but u'd be lucky to have enough room to fit all 4 of them in there.

A little tip i've learned from amateur street classes in competition-

The less cone area you use, the louder you will be.. Hard to believe but very true.

Only in the highest of amateur classes do experienced users may try 2 subs, but never anymore. Typically it's single sub all the way. For continuous use, i'd say 2 small drivers would be best.