Sign in to follow this  
rmzsuzuki89

Alt To Back Bank

I saw a discussion about this a long while ago on some audio site and can't find it again.

I just wanted to know if there are any substancial advantages to running power wire directly from the alt to the back battery bank.

For example: I have 4 runs of 1/0 running from front to back, 2+ and 2-. Right now, both + are running back from the + on my front battery. Would it be advantagous to run one run back from the + on the front battery, and the other from the + on the alt to the back battery bank? Advantages, disadvantages, not matter?

My electrical will consist of 2+ and 2- runs of 1/0 from front to back, big 3 in 1/0, one 290 amd DC alt (2 in the future), g34 YellowTop up front (soon to be a Deka 9a31), and 4 Deka 9a31's in back (soon to be 6-8). All in an 03 Expedition XLT.

Will be powering either 4 SAZ-3000d's (each at 1 ohm and gained down) or one Soundigital 12kd or 16kd (at 1 ohm gained down quite a bit).

The first advantage I can see is you are making two 1/0 ga runs to the alternator. I don't think it would matter if you run the second 1/0 from the alt to the front or back battery. Other than that you should look at a wire ga rating chart, could depend o how much power your trying to move. maybe someone smarter than me can chime in.

Their would be NO advantage to doing this.....The ONLY thing you will gain is maybe 2-5 watts of output, by way of .03 or so ohms less resistance