Sign in to follow this  
dub26z

hifonics 2010D?

First of all i wanna say sorry about all the post,i just wanna get opinions before i buy thats all.I have never heard hifonics but i have watched videos and it seems to do pretty good.would it be a good amp to run 2 ssa icon 12"inch woofers?the amp is the 2010d rated at 2000 watts, is that true 2000 watts that its putting out?

They are good budget amps, but don't expect to get the full 2k out of them. The Brutus amps are a little over rated. If you want a good 2k amp that's not going to cost an arm and a leg, check into a MB Quart DSC2000.1D. You can find them on ebay (sonicelectronix) for $275 shipped. True 2k and a little more. Now, you can also look into the Audiopipe AP18001D. Solid 1800 watts rms at 1 ohm. Great amps only $189 shipped on ebay (I would take this over the BXi2000 any day of the week). You really aren't going to hear the difference in a couple hundred watts. So, any one of those amps will do the trick, with the DSC having the best quality and reliability IMO. Just a matter of what you are looking to spend. Good luck.

The bxi2010D should do around 1800-1850 true watt rms if I'm not mistaken. I had two Zeus amplifiers and they worked good, the new amplifiers coming this year are getting some upgrades, better cooling and maybe better power supply. I wouldn't hesitate buying one Brutus amp.

But if you want true 2000W rms, then I would go for a 2610D, you should get at least true 2300W rms.

They are good budget amps, but don't expect to get the full 2k out of them. The Brutus amps are a little over rated. If you want a good 2k amp that's not going to cost an arm and a leg, check into a MB Quart DSC2000.1D. You can find them on ebay (sonicelectronix) for $275 shipped. True 2k and a little more. Now, you can also look into the Audiopipe AP18001D. Solid 1800 watts rms at 1 ohm. Great amps only $189 shipped on ebay (I would take this over the BXi2000 any day of the week). You really aren't going to hear the difference in a couple hundred watts. So, any one of those amps will do the trick, with the DSC having the best quality and reliability IMO. Just a matter of what you are looking to spend. Good luck.

Aren't Hifonics ad MB Quart both Maxxsonic? I'd assume being that they're both of the same parent company the build quality would be the same and if history is any indicator wouldn't the guts of an DSC most likely be very similar if not the exact same to a similarly advertised Hifonics and for that matter Autotek and Crunch amps? Please correct me if I'm wrong but I remember back in the day when Boss released a 3000 watt mono amp and it had the same guts as the Lanzar 1200D, both those companies were owned by Sound Around or Anaba or whatever.

Just making conversation.

Aren't Hifonics ad MB Quart both Maxxsonic? I'd assume being that they're both of the same parent company the build quality would be the same and if history is any indicator wouldn't the guts of an DSC most likely be very similar if not the exact same to a similarly advertised Hifonics and for that matter Autotek and Crunch amps? Please correct me if I'm wrong but I remember back in the day when Boss released a 3000 watt mono amp and it had the same guts as the Lanzar 1200D, both those companies were owned by Sound Around or Anaba or whatever.

Just making conversation.

i've been wondering the same thing bout hifonics, crunch, mbquarts, and autotek.......i've been told to get hifonics if ur on a budget but not crunch when they r made by the same company and they have the same look to them.......also i've heard some autotek amps that are pretty damn good anyone agree?

It's kind of hard to make a purchase, especially if it's going to be at least a few hundred dollars off of someones opinion. Not to say most people are stupid but I've been around a lot of "experts" and a lot of forums involving a lot of topics and it makes me wonder how some people manage to dress themselves in the morning.

Does anybody actually have something to say about this based on fact? I'd really like to see the whole line of Maxxsonics monoblocks opened up and sitting side by side. I'd have to imagine the build quality is the same across the board, but I'd have to assume the main difference between similarly advertised wattages is just that, the advertised wattage.