crazycaraudio305

Rockford Fosgate Compoents

hi i recently bought a 96 jeep cherokee and i am planning on putting a system in it... just got to start of with the components... ok i have a 4 door jeep with a rear pillar with 2 5.25 and im just planning on leaving the rear pillar alone anf just getting components fro the 4 doors and amplify it....

Im looking at 2 sets of these 1 set for the front doors and the 2nd set for the rear....

Rockford Fosgate T152S Component Speakers - Car Speakers at Onlinecarstereo.com

im really confused on the amp those.... ive read alot of forums saying use a 2 channel amp and ive read forums that say use a 4 channel amp.... i dont really know which 1 to use... well heres the amps im looking at....

2 channel

Rockford Fosgate T400-2 Amp: 2-Channel - Car Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

4 channel

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 Amp: Multi-Channel - Car Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

Thanks... please tell me what you think and please give me any opinion you have on which amp i should go with....thanks again

RF hasn't been known in recent years for stellar speakers.

Drop the rear door speaker idea and spend all of your speaker budget on one set for quality components for up front. Or purchase one less expensive set for the front and use the remainder of your budget for quality sound deadening if you don't already have any.

As for amplifiers....as much as I don't often recommend Sundown (not that I dislike them, but they are pimped pretty hard around these parts) you can get a refurb'd 50.4 from db-r for $150, bridge it down to 2 channels and run 200w per side to your one set of front components. That'd save you another $100 compared to your current amplifier choice that you could use to do something else.....sound deadening, etc.

If you feel you absolutely must have some rear speakers for "fill" for rear seat passengers, just keep the stockers and run them off the headunit power. Otherwise, just leave them disconnected.

Oops; doesn't look like db-r has any refurb'd 50.4's at the moment. In which case a refurb'd 125.2 would be good;

http://www.db-r.com/sell/store2/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_67_69_77

http://www.db-r.com/sell/store2/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_67_69_78

ok.. thanks for the reply.. i might go with that amp but what your saying is drop my rear door speakers and get 1 set of good components for the front.... but what about the rear speaker pillar in the back behind the back seat....

Edited by crazycaraudio305

Leave 'em disconnected also.

oh ok.... thanks but im planning on getting 2 HDC315 and either 2 2200D amps or the new 3500.1 which i heard can put out 4300 @ 1 ohm.... im planning on getting a 300 amp alt and oh yeah how many batteries should i get... ive been looking at the XS power 3100s.... should i get 1 or 2 to power the amps

hi i recently bought a 96 jeep cherokee and i am planning on putting a system in it... just got to start of with the components... ok i have a 4 door jeep with a rear pillar with 2 5.25 and im just planning on leaving the rear pillar alone anf just getting components fro the 4 doors and amplify it....

Im looking at 2 sets of these 1 set for the front doors and the 2nd set for the rear....

Rockford Fosgate T152S Component Speakers - Car Speakers at Onlinecarstereo.com

im really confused on the amp those.... ive read alot of forums saying use a 2 channel amp and ive read forums that say use a 4 channel amp.... i dont really know which 1 to use... well heres the amps im looking at....

2 channel

Rockford Fosgate T400-2 Amp: 2-Channel - Car Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

4 channel

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 Amp: Multi-Channel - Car Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

Thanks... please tell me what you think and please give me any opinion you have on which amp i should go with....thanks again

i use sundown and love em....but if rockford is what u want use the t400.2 its more power then the 400.4. lots of people dont like to use rear fill but i have to have it...the car seems incomplete without cause i always have the thought in my head of what would it sound like if i added this or that. when i replace my rears i stopped building onto the fronts which now consists of 4 6.5 inch jl xr comps per door all 4 tweeters on the winshield pillar and a focal poly 4in coax in the dash of my magnum. i had a pod built in the rear door for a 6.5 in coax and there is a 6x9 in the rear factory locaton.....i should have just added rears

/\ you should spend more time fixing your fronts, then when you turned on your rears you'd realize they make it sound worse.

/\ you should spend more time fixing your fronts, then when you turned on your rears you'd realize they make it sound worse.

thats ur opinion

thats ur opinion

And if you heard a really well setup car you'd agree as well.

For those whom only run front components; I'd like you to answer 2 questions.

1st Do you ever ride in the back seat?

2 Did you enjoy your seating position and the music quality from that either the right or left side?

2 Did you enjoy your seating position and the music quality from that either the right or left side?

I don't, hard to drive from the back. Nearly tall enough though. I will say though that most people in the back ask me what speakers I have back there.

As for the left & right, sure, I have my eq setup three ways. FR, FL, and balanced. 99% of the time of course I keep it in FR.

Why would I ride in the back seat of my own car? I'm not wealthy enough to have a chauffeur......yet.

My setups sound pretty close from both the left and right seating positions. Some differences of course as it's impossible to optimize the sound for two different seating positions given the constraints we deal with in a vehicle. So I focus on optimal sound @ the drivers side without completely neglecting the passenger side.

Not that it helps the topic, but I still have my first generation Fosgate FNQ components, with the glass fiber composite mid and a huge motor structure, the crossovers that have the clear shell shaped like a classic triangle grill RF amp, and the ferro fluid tweets. :)

If these are questions you truly believe the answers will lead to rear fill, then you are exactly the person who needs to spend more time optimizing your fronts as you have the most to gain. :)

rear fill seems useless to me i cant tell mine are there. Honestly with the amount of bass in the back seat i dont think any passengers could here them anyway. Im with M5 a properly setup front stage is all you should need and i strongly believe that.

dont get me wrong im sure having a lower quality rear fill isnt helpin "improve" sq but i have a large car and kids. the kids watch movies and stuff in the rear and get to hear what there watchin. if i watch movies the surround sounds great. i dont compete...i like loud well rounded music and havin a good rear fill is what my car needs. when i had my focus hatchback i used 3 sets of 6.5 in jl components in custom pods in the front doors and a boston sl80 in the rear and noone knew they were there except my kids. so i some cases i agree

And with 3 sets it wouldn't even be setup well. Again if you really put the time in the front stage will always be better.

The whole surround sound thing is a joke. Do you truly sit in your car and watch movies from the drivers seat? If so, do you have a full 5.1 processor? Are your fronts completely matched drivers for all three channels? And if so, is it really worth doubling your budget to do that for how often you do?

Now, having a different stereo for the kids in the rear seat is a complete different discussion. Personally I'd run that off a complete different headunit and give them headphones, but some cheap 4" full ranges would be more than adequate for what they need.

And with 3 sets it wouldn't even be setup well. Again if you really put the time in the front stage will always be better.

The whole surround sound thing is a joke. Do you truly sit in your car and watch movies from the drivers seat? If so, do you have a full 5.1 processor? Are your fronts completely matched drivers for all three channels? And if so, is it really worth doubling your budget to do that for how often you do?

Now, having a different stereo for the kids in the rear seat is a complete different discussion. Personally I'd run that off a complete different headunit and give them headphones, but some cheap 4" full ranges would be more than adequate for what they need.

i never said anything about a 5.1 processor. my kids watch movies and so do i and having rear fill helps. why are u so mad about how i like my car to sound

i never said anything about a 5.1 processor. my kids watch movies and so do i and having rear fill helps. why are u so mad about how i like my car to sound

Mad? Not mad at all.

What I think isn't funny is that you haven't experienced the other, but know which is best. Not a good way to make decisions in life.

Mad? Not mad at all.

What I think isn't funny is that you haven't experienced the other, but know which is best. Not a good way to make decisions in life.

i never said that ive never experienced it the other way...i did for many years but now i prefer rears

I am sorry that an install issue biased you. :(

u got so far off the subject because u dont agree with what i like way ta go

like i was saying ...if ur gonna use rockford use the t400.2 the 400.4 does 60x4@4ohm and 100x4@2 where the 400.2 does 200x2@2ohms or 120x2 @4

Edited by willie7380

ok well ill look at that T400.2 and still going for the RF Comps but how does this sound 2 sets in the front door...

Edited by crazycaraudio305

ok well ill look at that T400.2 and still going for the RF Comps but how does this sound 2 sets in the front door...

Why are you still looking at RF speakers?

As for 2 sets.....not a great idea unless you have the knowledge and experience to understand what needs to be done to set them up properly.

My previous posts were filled with good advice.

im sure set up properly theyll rock