splxtreme

Xcon or AV x or h

I haven't had a sub in over a year now, and I miss that portion of my music. I'm very picky when it comes to my subs. I've just stumbled upon the xcon, and i've just about had my mind made up on the AE AV12x or h. I've heard nothing but good things about the AV's, but I came across the xcon. What topology is the driver (ie underhung, overhung, etc..) the magnet reminds me of my old Audiomobile MASS 2012, which i absolutely loved, and regret getting rid of it. The MASS was damn near dead on perfect. I've always leaned more towards SQ, rather than SPL, but I do like to crank it up at times. I love the low, low bass just as much as mid to upper bass. i'm looking at getting a 12 again, just to save on a bit of space, and also going sealed. i've tried SPL and it is fun, but at this point in my life, it would just be for showing off, and nothing more. So, I need something precise.

What is the Le of the xcon?

You're on the right way with the xcon!

But I don't know what is AE !!!

Sorry, can't help you on this one !

The Xcon is an over hung long coil design, with a shorting ring. An "SQ" biased driver, but on a massive scale with very strong output and nice Xmax. :)

ae had some problems last year but i think they where fixed, very nice drivers for the price but xcon= goodness lol

The Xcon is an over hung long coil design, with a shorting ring. An "SQ" biased driver, but on a massive scale with very strong output and nice Xmax. :)

what is the inductance of the xcon? ideally for my peace of mind, i'm looking for something that has an Le of less than 1.

Just ran the specs for each sub through winisd. I know it isn't accurate for the end result, but just based on what I saw, the response is very similar. i believe winisd is fairly accurate as far as low power goes, so i would say around 600rms the AV has a slight edge in output and low end. Of course the xcon has a larger coil so it can take a bit more power, and i think this is where it is going to get tough for me. I have no way to listen to both subs, as i don't have the funds to buy both and do a comparison for myself. So hopefully i can get enough input from you all to help me out.

Like i said, i'm looking more for SQ, so which ever is going to be more accurate, I'm going to lean towards. If the xcon has the same or very close to the AV's performance, I would think I may get the xcon. I would love to get a true underhung driver, but I'm finding it very difficult, to find the specs I'm looking for.

Hopefully, i can get some more input. Also, here is the link to the driver for people not familiar with the AV series. AE Speakers Online Store