gadgeteer123

15" xcon house build??

I'm am in the midle of drawing lines what do I do I can't cut anything until I get a response?

How about 20" high x 16" deep x 39.5" wide?

Cut list:

(2) 18.5 x 39.5

(2) 16 x 39.5

(4) 18.5 x 14.5

You would just cut (3) holes in the end of the enclosure that are the same size as the outer diameter of the pipe. Slide the pipe into the holes until it is flush with the side of the box and then use liquid nails inside the box to hold it in place.

why are there 8 cuts of wood when there would only need to be 6 cuts????

Double baffles perhaps?

I'm am in the midle of drawing lines what do I do I can't cut anything until I get a response?

Figure it out yourself?

ive already got it cut< free-hand jigsaw isn't very accurate, so i have a lot of sanding to do ti smooth off the edges. I wish I had a table saw.

well I have everything sanded down, and the ports are drying in there holes. So in a couple hours I can start putting the box together.

I have the final wood glue drying, so when it is all smoothed out and sanded, and it is painted I will put pics up which will probably be tomorrow afternoon.

Sorry, I did not see you posted again.

I was thinking as long as that box is, I woudl make a couple of window braces out of those extra pieces and use them inside the enclosure. See line 2 in post #12.

I will its almost done, I just added a rubber sealant along the entire inside on top of the caulk on the edges, for that extra seal. I will have pics up by tomorrow when its done, I am done structurally I just have to make it look nice now.

So to anyone who happens to be reading this, How well do you think this is gonna work and sound? My 5 cubic foot box tuned to 25hz. I Have the entire inside covered in rubber sealant paint with caulk along the edges, wood filler filling in all the cracks on the outside, and some overkill amount of screws and a overkill sealed port, everything is absolutely airtight. Let me know what you think. remember this is gonna be getting about 300 watts of clean power.

I am posting current progress pics, for you guys to look at until I get it finished, its something for me to do while i wait for the stuff to dry. they will be up in ten minutes.

Nice looking box, wish I could tell you what it will sound like but I hope it sounds good. I had a box tuned that low (didnt do good on upper frequenciess but crushed the low notes :drink40: )

Thanks, this is my first box that I have ever built so i'd say its not bad for my first try.

I wish I had a table saw, my edge cuts weren't perfectly straight so I had to compensate with wood filler on the ousides and lots of latex caulk on the inside.

Glad you built the box. Make sure you double check for any leaks.

Sorry for the wait it should be done b around 10pm central time tonight. gotta let stuff dry

I am putting the pics up they will be up in ten minutes, I only have the first coat of paint on but you will get the idea.

here are the pics these are of a minute before i started painting, and then the last one is my first coat of paint.

100_0096.jpg

100_0097.jpg

100_0098.jpg

100_0099.jpg

first coat

100_0100.jpg

I will post a couple more pics once the painting is done.

Here are the last pics the paint isn't completely dry but good enough for you guys to get the end result. I know it needs about another 2 coats of paint but i'm out of paint, and this is only my temporary/test enclosure for the house for my xcon, until I get my super nice one getting made by audible customs. Enjoy!

100_0102.jpg

100_0103.jpg

100_0104.jpg

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac40/gadgeteer123/100_0105.jpg

100_0106.jpg