gadgeteer123

15" xcon house build??

Ya i am kind of a perfectionist in car audio, so if i would have had access to all the proper tools it would probably even be better. it took me 3 and a half days. and the first 2 days was an all-nighter so i spent like 20 hours non-stop at first then slept like 12 hours and then worked on it more. i do wish I had a table saw and something to cut a exact hole for the sub. I cut the subs hole with a jigsaw. and all the edges with a jigsaw. and the first two cuts where with a bent blade. and thanks.

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

Ya i am kind of a perfectionist in car audio, so if i would have had access to all the proper tools it would probably even be better. it took me 3 and a half days. and the first 2 days was an all-nighter so i spent like 20 hours non-stop at first then slept like 12 hours and then worked on it more. i do wish I had a table saw and something to cut a exact hole for the sub. I cut the subs hole with a jigsaw. and all the edges with a jigsaw. and the first two cuts where with a bent blade. and thanks.

Yeah I don't have the patience to do that, or the time. I think I made my first box, with a buddy in an night after school. It was such a disaster.

ya, I was planning on spending a night on a simple sealed enclosure, but some people on here influenced me otherwise. but according to them this enclosure will take full advantage of the 300 watts rms im going to be giving it. its gonna be in my house until i get my license back in april.

Looks good man! Now get us some vids so we can see it perform! trink40.gif

it won't be in a box until this afternoon, but I will do that, remember its only gonna get 300rms, but we can see how awesome it will be off of only that much.

I am instaliing the xcon now, I will have video posted before noon.

here are the vids

first is me playing bass, I love you

This second one is just funny to me, I saw it doing this while running a 20hz sine wave and i had to record it.

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

you didnt name the videos :peepwall:

sorry, You guys rushed me so Zi just threw them up there, i'll fix them, but how do you like them, it doesn't do anything above 70hz but the deep notes rock on this. I wish it'd go to 90hz, I like my lower midbass super loud, and "12 50watt woofer can't do that.

make sure to get some midbass that can play that low, shop around and you should find plenty of stuff to suit your needs. sexy woofa' :morepower1:

My 12" house speakers can hit down to 35hz easy, when the xcon isn't turned on it still sound like there is a small subwoofer in here from my 12 inch 100 watt house speakers, its just that the awesomeness of the xcon is too loud and it drowns out any mid bass, i have 2 equalizer hooked up to the speakers. Plus they don't sound as rich as the xcon, the xcon did great in a smaller box, maybe I gotta wait for the box audible customs is building me you guys should check it out, this enclosure is going to be great. i can't wait to get it.

I am looking for someone to build a Enclosure - SSA Car Audio Forum

sorry, You guys rushed me so Zi just threw them up there, i'll fix them, but how do you like them, it doesn't do anything above 70hz but the deep notes rock on this. I wish it'd go to 90hz, I like my lower midbass super loud, and "12 50watt woofer can't do that.

Power rating has nothing to do with being able to play midbass. Depending on exactly what frequencies you are defining as lower midbass, either the driver wasn't meant for it or the box is incorrect to make it shine.