flipzslick

Aero port help

I was thinking of using aero ports instead of a slot port. That's where I get stuck. Ia2 recomended 240 inchs of port at 32 hertz in 17 cubes so how do you figure out how many aero ports and how long?

What drivers, how many, and how much power????

2 21 inch dp's 4kw

Does any one know if aeros will be better then a slot port in a wall?

You can't figure out how to calculate port length and area, let alone Google how to, and your getting two 21" woofers and four thousand watts?

:suicide-santa:

You can't figure out how to calculate port length and area, let alone Google how to, and your getting two 21" woofers and four thousand watts?

second

third

fourth

fifth

sixth

seventh

eighth

nine

ten

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just not a 100% on how to figure out how many aeros to use all the box calculators just have port diamiter,box volume, and tuning hz and it gives you the port length so how do you figure in if you have 2,3,4,5,6.... aeros? I already figured out a slot port. I was just wondering how many 4 inch aeros it would take to get 240 inches of port at 32 hz if I can't figure it out I'll just go with the slot port. I just know there are more benifits from a aero port. And then I asked if any one has used slot ports in a wall

Use 4" or 6" aeros.

4" = 12.5 sqin each

6" = 28.3 sqin each

You can get away with quite a bit les port area with aeros vs. a slot port. Soem people have tested as little as 50% if space is really an issue and it works. I would go with (6) 6" if you have room.

But if you are building a wall, just build a big slot port. . .

Brian

Use 4" or 6" aeros.

4" = 12.5 sqin each

6" = 28.3 sqin each

You can get away with quite a bit les port area with aeros vs. a slot port. Soem people have tested as little as 50% if space is really an issue and it works. I would go with (6) 6" if you have room.

Brian

Thank you!!!!!!

Use 4" or 6" aeros.

4" = 12.5 sqin each

6" = 28.3 sqin each

Brian

4" x 3.14 = 12.5 sq. in. each

6" x 3.14 = 18.8 sq. in. each

If I'm not mistaken

Use 4" or 6" aeros.

4" = 12.5 sqin each

6" = 28.3 sqin each

Brian

4" x 3.14 = 12.5 sq. in. eachT

If I'm not mistaken

that's what I cameup with

why is this under build logs?

have you already purchased these dp's?

i believe i stand at number 11 if i monitored the count correctly.

Use 4" or 6" aeros.

4" = 12.5 sqin each

6" = 28.3 sqin each

Brian

If I'm not mistaken

Except area of a circle isn's r*2, it's r^2. So the 6" port would actually be 9 * 3.14 = 28.3.

Use 4" or 6" aeros.

4" = 12.5 sqin each

6" = 28.3 sqin each

Brian

If I'm not mistaken

Except area of a circle isn's r*2, it's r^2. So the 6" port would actually be 9 * 3.14 = 28.3.

I knew someone smarter than me would get here sooner or later. I see everyone talking about a areo ports the last couple days, so I was trying to brush up on the my math with google. Its been about 15 years since school for me.

So I think this is correct , radius x radius x pi = surface area or as you wrote radius squared x pi = surface area?

Thanks for the schooling KU40, I love to learn and I listen to anything you say.

When calculating Areo ports do you add anything extra to the surface area for the flare or just calculate like a regular round port?

While I'm at it do you know where to start measuring port lenght on a kerfed slot port opening?

It's under build logs so I all ready have a thread started. And yes I already have the drivers wood amps batts and car. Just needed a refresh on my math for now that's all.

Thanks for clearing that up for them. . . :)

Thanks for clearing that up for them. . . smile.gif

I am definetly here to learn, and brought my pen and notebook. SO YES Thank you for taking the time to correct me.

Use 4" or 6" aeros.

4" = 12.5 sqin each

6" = 28.3 sqin each

Brian

If I'm not mistaken

I knew someone smarter than me would get here sooner or later. I see everyone talking about a areo ports the last couple days, so I was trying to brush up on the my math with google. Its been about 15 years since school for me.

So I think this is correct , radius x radius x pi = surface area or as you wrote radius squared x pi = surface area?

Thanks for the schooling KU40, I love to learn and I listen to anything you say.

When calculating Areo ports do you add anything extra to the surface area for the flare or just calculate like a regular round port?

While I'm at it do you know where to start measuring port lenght on a kerfed slot port opening?

Thanks for the props, I try :)

Aeroports are figured a little differently than regular round ports as far as length goes because the flares at the end do add a bit to the length. I don't know the amount offhand, but I'm sure you can find a calculator for it online somewhere. If not, my aero ports came with the equation when I ordered them from partsexpress.com. As for kerfed ports, I'm not sure. I've never messed with those before.

Do two 6" areo ports have enough surface area for 5 cf net box? 2 - 6" areo port = 56.6" and I need 60 min. everywhere I read is telling me I can use less port area and I plan on buying two from partsexpress but want to make sure I'm good.

This is for a fi BTL 15" fully loaded and I am looking for max Efficency.(why I got the BTL) I have the box biult and think I might be happier with areo ports over the kerfed port I am trying to build? Please let me know what you think?

making a huge slot port is fairly easy...

Do two 6" areo ports have enough surface area for 5 cf net box? 2 - 6" areo port = 56.6" and I need 60 min. everywhere I read is telling me I can use less port area and I plan on buying two from partsexpress but want to make sure I'm good.

This is for a fi BTL 15" fully loaded and I am looking for max Efficency.(why I got the BTL) I have the box biult and think I might be happier with areo ports over the kerfed port I am trying to build? Please let me know what you think?

Yes, two 6" ports in that box is enough.

Yes, two 6" ports in that box is enough.

Thanks again for your help KU40.

I finaly got my kerf slot port figured out but will definetly try areo's in a future build. Check out my kerf slot port and box in my build log!!!

I had never even really concidered areo's until I saw everyone talking about them this last weekend. I will study them until I understand them completely.

It's under build logs so I all ready have a thread started. And yes I already have the drivers wood amps batts and car. Just needed a refresh on my math for now that's all.

what ride are you putting the DP's in?

i guess i was so interested in seeing the IA subs that i missed the math error, sorry.

these guys walked me through a build for two 12" IA 187"s, we used three 4" aeroports , it came out sweet.

good luck on the build, hope to see lot's of pics soon.

was not attempting to pick at you too much, just these are big time subs and usually the guys that are useing them are on top of the design stuff.

trust me, i am tuned in, i like the look of the aeros and the ease of retuning if needed.

chop