andymcdo

Differential Equations

So I'm currently taking differential equations and it is quite possibly THE most difficult and confusing course I have ever taken.

Are there any engineers/math majors out there that have any tips on getting through this course?

Hell yea....im going to have to retake that class :(......all I say is be sure to REREAD everything.....its confusing at first but after reading it then setting it down and coming back to it things begin to get a little more clear...

Fun fun fun

Hhaha, I mean I enjoy math but this stuff is just brutal. I've been reading the book a lot and it seems to be helping.

It defiantly doesn't help that the class is 5pm-7pm two days a week.

I have long since forgotten that class. :peepwall:

A professor once told me. Practice, practice, practice, and remember your order of operations. The latter being the most important. I took cal2 three times and barely made it. :o

A professor once told me. Practice, practice, practice, and remember your order of operations. The latter being the most important. I took cal2 three times and barely made it. :o

Yeah, it took me three tries to get calc II as well. I passed calc III on the first try.

Pretty much beat me to it.

Do it over and over again.

For some reason, I thought this differential equations class was hard at first but then it got really easy after a week or two. I had more trouble with calculus 2 out of calculus 1,2,3, differential equations, & numerical methods.

Personally I thought it was easy, although Linear Algebra kicked my ass.

Personally I thought it was easy, although Linear Algebra kicked my ass.

I'm done with math after this thank god. Since my last lecture, things have started making a lot more sense. I can actually follow what the professor is doing on the board instead of just taking mindless notes.