Sign in to follow this  
tobio

Review! Fi 18" BTL

DSC01585.jpg

Customer service > 10/10

(Scott and Nick, thanks for being so helpfull, they will reply to your emails when they have time, remember their

really hard all day and dont have time replying to 50 emails a day from people that have no patience and want to

know where their sub is every second of the day)

Shipping time > 9/10

(It wasnt Fi's fault but I guess no one should use USPS, they claimed the package was something like

8 ounces over weight.....uhhhh ahhhhhh.... so it got sent back to Fi, I was tempted to email Fi and ask them

where my sub is haha, but I pulled myself out of doing it so many times, because I didnt want to seem like

those people that complain every second because their sub hasnt arrived AND ITS BEEN LIKE 1 DAY, so I just

waited and was very patient, untill Fi emails me and tells me the news, so after all that then they just ship it with

UPS I mean I can imagine they were pissed with USPS, while I tried to stay calm :D. But it seriously didnt bother

me, I dont mind waiting for something this epic)

Product > 10/10

(Can I say "work of art" it looks like most woofers, but then at the same time it doesnt, because it has

this look that says to you, "im buatifull, I slam as hard as lighting and I sound like an angle" so this is

the god of subwoofers)

SQ > 10/10

(Sure its an SPL purpose built sub and I was curious to see how it would sound becuase I dont

only play RnB type of music, I tend to listen to a lot of 80's music and oldies and the way it projects

the bass in those genres is incredible, Fi sure have done it while desiging this baby, hats off to you)

Weight > over 9000

(Just a warning to anyone buying this sub, GO TO THE GYM FIRST, this beast is ****ING HEAVY. Scott and Nick

be built as ****)

Packaging > 10/10

(Just a little note on the packaging, its incredible, Fi sure do pack it pro and lots of foam and wood, great job to keep it safe)

SPL > 10/10

(When I first set it up it didnt play at all, then I found out i had to actually change the LPF and Subsonic

settings, yes yes I fail lol, so anyways I got it running but noticed it wasnt as loud as I was hoping it to be

then I realised I need an after market head unit, lol, so I went out got one installed it and thats it.........

IT ****ING SLAMS, this beast is like a massive thunder storm in your car, sure its under powered I still need

a new front battery, but good lord it slams, and with more tuning, it will probably destroy my car)

Over All> 10/10

Very very impressed, cant wait to see its full potential when I have the power to back it up hehe, so great job Fi and I definetly recomend the BTL to everyone.

Recomendations

>Need a good electrical system

>After Market Head Unit

>Muscle

>Well built box, I just built mine, first time but the sub is already tearing it apart lol, needs more bolts in it :D

>Good tuning

Specs

Fi 18 btl fully loaded D2

AQ2200D

7cubes slot ported box 32hz (with 2 baffles)

stock front batt back batt 100a/h amp tech (soon replacing front batt)

Alpine CDA-105E Head Unit

JL G-4500 (for mids and highs)

JL C5-650 (mids and highs)

DSC01592.jpg

DSC01591.jpg

DSC01553.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

DSC01601.jpg

DSC01567.jpg

DSC01595-1.jpg

DSC01480.jpg

DSC01559.jpg

DSC01603.jpg

Edited by tobio

Thats sick, nice job. Do you remove that box if needed? Looks like it wont fit out the door.

I hope that box is braced a lot because it probably flexes a lot when you turn it up = a lot less dB's .

Good review. :woot:

Thats sick, nice job. Do you remove that box if needed? Looks like it wont fit out the door.

lol

guess how I actually got it in the car :P

me and my m8 had to get it in through the front doors the the seats folded down the push it back turn it move the seats forward, ahh man it was painfull lol

but not as painfull as trying to get the sub out of the box :o

yes i will strap the box to the seats so it doesnt move around, and i will bolt it up aswell.

isnt that Fi sticker sexy tho :P

great review! i bet that BTL slams in that small car

thanks!

mac, when u play ure btl, can u feel the bass in ure chest?. i think i need a lot more power lol. but im going to tune it properly tomo

Edited by tobio

thanks!

mac, when u play ure btl, can u feel the bass in ure chest?. i think i need a lot more power lol. but im going to tune it properly tomo

i heard people say it's sorta hard to breath, but i really don't notice it since i am used to it

thanks!

i heard people say it's sorta hard to breath, but i really don't notice it since i am used to it

thats a nice compliment :woot:

and yes, it is very sexy isnt it :D

nice!!, i bet your a happy camper!!. so where are you located? the reason i ask is because im in hawaii and just wanted to know what to expect on shipping time. i ordered my 15" Fi Q lastweek and didnt want to flood Fi with e-mails..lol. so i figure i would just ask you. damn i wish i got a btl now!!!>..haha.

sean

nice!!, i bet your a happy camper!!. so where are you located? the reason i ask is because im in hawaii and just wanted to know what to expect on shipping time. i ordered my 15" Fi Q lastweek and didnt want to flood Fi with e-mails..lol. so i figure i would just ask you. damn i wish i got a btl now!!!>..haha.

sean

im in brisbane australia, which is why im so pleased with Fi and that they could ship out to me

whats with this new skin this website just got, its hard to read.

thats one way to ditch the backseat lols. Great review.

thanks! haha yeh, i hardly ever have more than 2 ppl in the car so its fine.

Sign in to follow this