Sign in to follow this  
Spencerk

turning an Icon into an FI

I know I may be committing a mortal sin but....I have a pair of ICONS in my possession and I know that if I put in my car I will smoke them (because I have no self control) I looked on the FI site and the recone section has no pics and all of those model numbers mean nothing to me. Could I get these subs built to handle 1600 a peice / has anyone else done anything like this with other brands?

I know I may be committing a mortal sin but....I have a pair of ICONS in my possession and I know that if I put in my car I will smoke them (because I have no self control) I looked on the FI site and the recone section has no pics and all of those model numbers mean nothing to me. Could I get these subs built to handle 1600 a peice / has anyone else done anything like this with other brands?

Wouldnt the motor need some work done to it also besides just getting a recone, im curious as well (good question)?

tak to Denim or get in contact with SSA themselves, and ask them if they can beef it up.

But, if you don't have the self control i wouldn't give you anything if i were. you're just asking for trouble.

either sell the Icons and buy a bigger sub, or control yourself.

Yep Yep well that is the whole idea of this endeavor....I need a bigger sub(s) BUT 2 BLs about 600 and if I could just build these bad boys up for less then I see that as a no brainer....

might be better off selling them and upgrading to XCONs or BL's etc...

I knew this would be the place to get ahold of you guys..thx for the quick response. Guess im going to contact PSI and see what they can do or just get something to take the abuse of my volume knob

If anybody says they can make an Icon take that kind of power they are nothing short of an idiot.

There is a LOT more going on then just stacking spiders up for something to handle the power mechanically...when you really do not need it to handle more power in the first place. You simply need to learn how to control yourself ;)

Just being brutally honest with you. You will be MUCH better off selling the subs and purchasing something that is specifically made to take that kind of power.

99% of the power that you put into a speaker is burned off as nothing but HEAT :)

tak to Denim or get in contact with SSA themselves,

One in the same. ;)

Why don't you set the gain around 2000 watts with the volume on your hu high enough ? You would be able to turn the volume knob as you want without blowing the subs.

Or, like ssa told you : sell them and buy bigger subs !peepwall.gif

Sign in to follow this