Sign in to follow this  
Dammed

Difference between P800PRS and P880PRS?

I bought a P800PRs from a online store, but they managed to send me the old version P880PRS. And since I live in Norway it's a big hassle to send it back to the US. Except from the black frontplate on the newer model and the copper plated chassis, are there any other differences between those two models?

I believe they are the same except for the differences you noted. Maybe someone else can say for sure?

I called Pioneer USA and they said the difference is the two I noted above, and the older model can't have Bluetooth. The P800PRS can have BT if you buy a adapter for it. Which is kinda important for me, becuase I want to buy a adapter later on for my phone. :(

Have you tried contacting the store? Maybe they could send you the bluetooth adapter because they messed up.

I beleive the older model does not have the 24 bit burr brown D/A's either.......

could be mistaken though

personally I would have them send a current model and ship the old one back

Hmm, I think you misunderstood me. The new model P800PRS is bluetooth ready, but you still have to buy the bluetooth interface. The older model P880PRS is not bluetooth ready, so even if you bought the bluetooth interface it wouldn't work.

It has the 24 bit burr brown D/A. Look at the 2nd line under CD player: Pioneer USA - DEH-P880PRS - Superb Sound Control and Clarity just got Better with our New CD Receiver

Yeah I want to send it back as well, problem is almost no one has the P800PRS in store becuase they are discontinued. :(

But I'll call them and check if they can get hold on one, because I simply love the new black front plate.

never tried it , but heared something like this :

A US model HU wont work in europe anyway because of the bands of the radio that are slightly off .

so the model you want would be the pioneer DEH-P88RS-II

The 800 PRS has been discontinued? What model is coming out to replace it?

They don't know, the new model will be available from march.

Yeah I know about the radio, the radio stations end on uneven numbers like 107,7 in the US but they end on uneven and even numbers in Europe. So you can't get some stations. But that's no problem, because I never use the radio and because it costs a lot more then the US model. I have to pay $1015 for that model in Norway. If I import it from a different EU country I can get it for a about $845. A lot more expensive then if I buy the US model.

But just to check something, the seller is obligated to cover the return cost if they ship out the wrong item. Right?

Edited by Dammed

I bought a P800PRs from a online store, but they managed to send me the old version P880PRS. And since I live in Norway it's a big hassle to send it back to the US. Except from the black frontplate on the newer model and the copper plated chassis, are there any other differences between those two models?

There is a write-up on here a good amount of pages deep in this thread that have talked about the differences between the two models, you will have to search to find it.

The model that is replacing it is on Pioneer's website for the new upcoming 2010 products.

There is a write-up on here a good amount of pages deep in this thread that have talked about the differences between the two models, you will have to search to find it.

The model that is replacing it is on Pioneer's website for the new upcoming 2010 products.

Ability to run 3 way active with a sub stage is awesome. Too bad the pricing is 1400 dollars, hopefully the MAP price is a lot lower.

Yeah there new headunit is going to be a beast but the price is keeping me away from it, Im looking for a Alpine CDA-9887 if I cant get a 880 or 800 for a great reasonable price. The price has went up a lot since they have introduced a new model and closed out the older models, Pioneer FTL!

Yeah there new headunit is going to be a beast but the price is keeping me away from it, Im looking for a Alpine CDA-9887 if I cant get a 880 or 800 for a great reasonable price. The price has went up a lot since they have introduced a new model and closed out the older models, Pioneer FTL!

Yeah, wooferetc.com has 800's for 550. That was the model I was looking at to upgrade from my alpine cda-9884 too.

I did search but I didn't see it the first time. :trippy:

Is it this thread you were thinking about: Pioneer 880prs vs. 800prs - SSA Car Audio Forum ?

And it seems like the P880PRS is bluetooth ready even if the specs on Pioneer homepage doesn't say so. :) I checked the manual for the Bluetooth interface, and it does indeed say that P880RS is bluetooth capable.

It is the basically the same model except copper chassis and the black frontplate.

thx guys.

Yeah that is the topic I was talking about.