silenkiller

Four 15 Xcon's, backseat of a grand am o.o

Going to be squeezing four 15 xcons sealed in the backseat area of my grand am, off two aq2200d's strapped.

O.O

Thoughts? xD

Why 4? Have you calculated air space to make sure you have enough? Upgraded electrical?

Going to be squeezing four 15 xcons sealed in the backseat area of my grand am, off two aq2200d's strapped.

O.O

Thoughts? xD

can't wait to see this one. Should be epic.

How is this going to fit?

Need way more information then what you gave us, is this going to be walled or what? Please give adequate information when making a topic, Thanks.

LOL sorry was running out the door so didn't elaborate.

Well, I want to get loud, but I'd also like to sound great. Daily driver. I had two 15 inch HDC3's ported with a wall-typeish setup at 8.5 cuft @ 32hz in the backseat area before with the two 2200ds, and while that was LOUD as hell, (never got metered tho), it kinda sounded like just pure spl once it moved past the 3000rms mark.

So, that said, I believe I can fit about 10-12cuft of space into the car, with the sameish wallsetup. Honestly I kinda want to do it just to see not only 1: four 15's in a small car like mine lol, but also 2: what four 15's sealed sound like. I love the sound of a sealed enclosure but it's never loud enough for me. Obviously I can't do four 15's ported lol, so I figured Xcons would be the best driver for 4 sealed 15's. I'm going to start with two 15's sealed off one of my 2200d's for now, and see how that sounds while saving up for the two more 15's.

I'll make a build log when it really gets underway.

Was wondering if anyone on here has ran four 15 xcons sealed before?

Edited by silenkiller

Sounds like you have a plan, what I would do first since you say sealed never gets loud enough for you. I would install the first two sealed and see how they sound and if you want more instead of spending money on subs then buy some more wood and make a ported enclosure for the first two and see if that is enough, which I think it should be. Just my .02

Was wondering if anyone on here has ran four 15 xcons sealed before?

Thumpper from Pound That Sound has done 4 ported. Check out his forum on here! He may be able to tell you what to expect from a sealed alignment.

Sounds like you have a plan, what I would do first since you say sealed never gets loud enough for you. I would install the first two sealed and see how they sound and if you want more instead of spending money on subs then buy some more wood and make a ported enclosure for the first two and see if that is enough, which I think it should be. Just my .02

Yeah that's also an option. I like to make comparisons so I think that would be a good idea. Plus it could potentially save me a lot of cash lol. I would like to put my other2200d to work though heh. So we'll see. Also it could be fun to see what kinda number i could put up with the four 15's sealed. I think sundown has some disgusting (12) 15's sealed number like 161 db at 20hz hah.

If you get both subs in D2 ohms then you can wire each sub to a one ohm load and use both amps, that is if your gonna go the 2 sub route. Just a heads up

Clarity should improve a great deal with the move up to Xcon's. :)

O.O

Thoughts? xD

after having four 15" in my Windstar I'm thinking your gonna put a real hurting on the POOOR Grand Am................LOL

4 15" xcon ? In a grand am ?? OMG

That should be a great challenge!

What to expect from 2 AQ 2200 strapped ? More than 4000 watts?

4 15" xcon ? In a grand am ?? OMG

That should be a great challenge!

What to expect from 2 AQ 2200 strapped ? More than 4000 watts?

mm strapped i think its a bit over 4kw, like 4200. after imp and below 14.4 volts id guess they will see 4kw. Which they should be able to handle 7000 watts right? Future upgradezz bwhaha

Edited by silenkiller

Try em sealed and see if you like them. They will get damn loud sealed up! I bet 4 sealed would break your car. :drink40:

Post pics.

this is one build log i cant wait to see :drink40:

thats gona be so loud !!!

Yes, I need to see this!! I'm doing 2 15 icons in my grand prixs trunk and would love to see this as a future idea I may use

If you end up going with the 2 Xcon 15s, you could port them and Im sure they would still sound great quality wise. Definitely better than the hdc3s you had prior. :fing34:

two 15" Xcons would be MUCH better.....

personally I think for 15" Xcons would rip all the spot welds loose on the body of that poor car....LOL

my Windstar is a rattling peice of shit after the Quad Xcon experience

personally I think for 15" Xcons would rip all the spot welds loose on the body of that poor car....LOL

I know the feeling.

:ughdunno:

Oh well, only thing left to do now.......... go bigger and put the Yukon out of her misery. lol

I know the feeling.

Oh well, only thing left to do now.......... go bigger and put the Yukon out of her misery. lol

hahaah how much bigger can you go dude? Four Xcon 18s is not too shabby.

I know the feeling.

hahaah how much bigger can you go dude? Four Xcon 18s is not too shabby.

:morepower1:

this would be intense. my girlfriend has a grand am gt and wants a system. i was thinking icon sealed and she'd be happy.

2 xcons and she'd be crazy