Dan208

Thinking about trying a DCON.

Well, I ended up pushing my sub too hard and fried one of the tinsel leads. So now I'm rethinking what I want to do. After looking around the SSA store, I think I've decided to go with a DCON with the single 4 ohm coil option. My amp does 300 @ 4 ohms and 600 @ 2 ohms. I plan on running just a single one for now, and adding a second one in a few months (once the weather warms up and I can build a box for them).

Sound like a good plan? I've been wanting to try some SSA's for a while now.

Just remember that if you push this one too far, it too will fry.

Yeah, I'm going to be very anal about my settings this time. :blush:

I think it sounds like a GREAT plan!

As long as the Dcon is in a quality enclosure that is meant for it, and the amp gains are set correctly, the Dcon will be an awesome performer. :)

ORLY????

ORLY????

Your an asswipe.

ORLY????

Your an asswipe.

agreed.

Should have used the :orly3: ;)

I have 4 10" Dcons and Im loving them. You wont be disappointed. Infact I ran short on space.... couldn't fit a bigger box through the opening but I still managed to get toward the "optimum recommended enclosure size". These subs are awesome. I keep putting off making a video and I really owe it to you guys so I will definitely try to get some pictures and a couple videos up soon. (I believe someone told me if I have some nice pics I might be put on the site and that'd be sick :domodance: )

I have 4 10" Dcons and Im loving them. You wont be disappointed. Infact I ran short on space.... couldn't fit a bigger box through the opening but I still managed to get toward the "optimum recommended enclosure size". These subs are awesome. I keep putting off making a video and I really owe it to you guys so I will definitely try to get some pictures and a couple videos up soon. (I believe someone told me if I have some nice pics I might be put on the site and that'd be sick :domodance: )

Definately looking forward to some videos. :popcorn:

Definately looking forward to some videos. :popcorn:

x2765326

Can someone characterize the sound of these? My PG RSd is pretty "thick" which is why I want to replace it.

hey guys. i just took the videos this morning and will be uploading them as soon as i find a good site.... photobucket isnt recognizing them as videos, but rather photos. :shrug:

hey guys. i just took the videos this morning and will be uploading them as soon as i find a good site.... photobucket isnt recognizing them as videos, but rather photos. :shrug:

Try Youtube, they can be embedded. :)

videos are up... atleast a few. check my thread: (4) 10" SSA Dcons - SSA Car Audio Forum - Page 2

Sounds wierd on video, much better in person. also worked them hard today so ill be giving my babies a rest the rest of the day :shrug:

videos are up... atleast a few. check my thread: (4) 10" SSA Dcons - SSA Car Audio Forum - Page 2

Sounds wierd on video, much better in person. also worked them hard today so ill be giving my babies a rest the rest of the day :shrug:

I wish we had more Dcon installs like your's. :)

thank you, coming from you that is quite the compliment.

I absolutely love SSA products and have recommended them time and time again to all of my friends. I wish i had a hatchback or SUV so i could get a pair of 15" or 18" Xcons. Thatd be nasty. But im stuck with my volvo, but im making it work.

I absolutely love SSA products and have recommended them time and time again to all of my friends. I wish i had a hatchback or SUV so i could get a pair of 15" or 18" Xcons. Thatd be nasty. But im stuck with my volvo, but im making it work.

The reason I say that is, most all of our Team or member rides installs are Icon's or Xcon's. There are a few Dcon installs, but few are all that individual, where yours is a more complex in terms of a sealed off trunk enclosure. In a way, I don't want the Dcon's to be overshadowed by the Monster that is the Xcon and the model that made the brand what it is, the Icon, as they are great drivers in their own right. :fing34:

The reason I say that is, most all of our Team or member rides installs are Icon's or Xcon's. There are a few Dcon installs, but few are all that individual, where yours is a more complex in terms of a sealed off trunk enclosure. In a way, I don't want the Dcon's to be overshadowed by the Monster that is the Xcon and the model that made the brand what it is, the Icon, as they are great drivers in their own right. :fing34:

Thats true. and the Dcons are NOTHING to laugh at. They're perfect for me. Especially since my problem was my electrical. I was unable to run over 1000 watts and I have 1500 so it was either 4 dcons or 1 icon and i thought 4 10's would be fun. I love them and wouldn't change my decision if I could. The "wow" factor is huge too when people peek inside the back seats and see 4 subwoofers staring at them....

riding in the back of my car is fun :woot:

Thats true. and the Dcons are NOTHING to laugh at. They're perfect for me. Especially since my problem was my electrical. I was unable to run over 1000 watts and I have 1500 so it was either 4 dcons or 1 icon and i thought 4 10's would be fun. I love them and wouldn't change my decision if I could. The "wow" factor is huge too when people peek inside the back seats and see 4 subwoofers staring at them....

riding in the back of my car is fun :woot:

:drink40: :drink40:

As long as these are still offered as single 4 ohm in July, I'll more than likely be picking up a pair. :drink40: