Semtex

06 Civic Coupe Build Log

After a few weeks of trying to decide, I have started to receive all of my equipment. I'm still waiting on my sub & deadening. The system will consist of:

Battery: Optima Yellow Top (installed, not pictured)

Headunit: Kenwood DNX6140 (installed)

iPod Touch 8GB

Front Stage: Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" Components

Front Stage Amp: Alpine PDX-2.150

Sub: DC Audio 12” Level 3

Sub Amp: Alpine PDX-1.600

Wiring: Knu Konceptz

Deadening: Second Skin Damplifier

Cant wait for everything else to come in and install everything. Should be fun.

Now some pictures:

DSC01074.jpg

DSC01081.jpg

DSC01310.jpg

DSC01094.jpg

DSC01097.jpg

DSC01099.jpg

DSC01102.jpg

DSC01103.jpg

DSC01106.jpg

Amp rack:

DSC01410.jpg

DSC01404.jpg

HDPE cutting boards

DSC01417.jpg

Interesting thing here. You will see two front baffles. I was only planning on one with a smaller hole. However it broke, so just to see how it would look like in the end, I placed both.

DSC01317.jpg

Either way. It’s a work in progress. Now if someone could help me with my router. Im a complete noob with it and seem to be destroying the wood while using the roundover bit. Is the one im using too big or do I just need practice.

photo.jpg

Headunit installed. Still need a trim ring

photo2.jpg

I smell the makings of a cool lookin SQ ride. Best of luck to ya sir.

You sir are a man with a plan!!! I will be tuned in, I LOVE Honda's, Alpine, and clean looking work. Best just to do it right the first time!biggrin.gif

You're going to love that PDX. I fell inlove with mine, I had a PDX1000.. but i sold it.

You didn't pay retail did you? -eBay is the place to go for a PDX.

Thanks for all the comments. Im getting impatient waiting for the rest of my equipment (sub,sound deadening, cf vinyl) to show up. Im redoing the amprack slightly and practicing with my router. At this rate I'll have 15 different iterations of the amp rack by the time everything else shows up. :shrug:

Good looking work.

So a bit of an update. I received my sub, sound deadener, carbon fiber vinyl, and jasper jig. My sub showed up without the tinsel leads soldered to the terminal. So…. No problem. After a little digging around and asking dumb questions, I whipped out the soldering iron and did it myself. I also finished up all the panels, threw them in the trunk to figure out how to lay out the amps. Keep in mind the sub enclosure will be sitting on a piece of ¾” MDF which will center it perfectly behind the front baffle.

DSC01436.jpg

DSC01449.jpg

DSC01456.jpg

a6988fbd.jpg

e68f918f.jpg

DSC01446.jpg

DSC01440.jpg

DSC01443.jpg

DSC01444.jpg

Layout A

DSC01457.jpg

DSC01463.jpg

Layout B

DSC01464.jpg

Layout C (which I’m leaning towards)

DSC01465.jpg

DSC01467.jpg

Anyway the one thing I have left to do is router the edges. Seeing as the last time I tried I destroyed the wood, I’m a little hesitant. I’ll practice some more before I put the router to these pieces.

Opinions, advice, etc:blush:. Next item on the list is to tackle the doors.

I am HAPPY to see a guy with patience. The trunk is lOOkin' gOOd brother. I like the Amps side by side, look's cleaner(layout A).

What is the router doing to the edge's to fuck em' up?

I am HAPPY to see a guy with patience. The trunk is lOOkin' gOOd brother. I like the Amps side by side, look's cleaner(layout A).

What is the router doing to the edge's to fuck em' up?

Thanks. Its not the router. Its my stupid ass. I cant seem to get a nice straight rounded over edge. I was told any imperfections in my cut would be magnified when rounded over. But I seem to be having the same issue even with straight cuts. Practice makes perfect I guess. Continue to be patient until I get it right. I am extremely happy with the way things are coming along considering I can only work on the car for an hour or two here and there.

I have an orbital sander I clean cut's and router job's up with. What are you covering everything with? Does your router bit have the bearing on it? Try taking less material away each pass.

nice work dude ... wish i could hear it when your done ...

I like Layout A as well, keep up the good work man :drink40: