porkchop

Rattlebox317's new build

as we had mentioned, this will be using a WMD2 12' sub, 55lbs. hangs off the back side of this basket....

they are very beefy and do a good job of handling lots of power....

1-31.jpg

1-34.jpg

1-32.jpg

took this pic with the sub in normal mounting position, but will not be installing it this way...just showing how it would look....

1-36.jpg

and in this pic, bigrank916, if you look real close on the left hand side, you will see the sub inverted, in it's intended mounting position....

lol, a authentic jacket i was given for running work on the stadium, i gave it to my lil bro steve as a gift...i know you will like it though...

1-33.jpg

will have more tomorrow.....got paint drying currently!

Looks very good Chop!!!!!!! But is the box not going to be to big for the sub inverted????? Is the tuning not going to be different then what you wanted with no displacement of the sub????

Hawk

Edited by thehawk93

Looks very good Chop!!!!!!! But is the box not going to be to big for the sub inverted????? Is the tuning not going to be different then what you wanted with no displacement of the sub????

Hawk

Knowing Chop he has already calculated for it, actually you dont do any calculations (the subs displacement is zero, so the only displacement you account for is port and bracing if any when mounting sub inverted).

Just got back from getting a demo and I must say it deffinitely sounds MUCH better than the audiobahns. Damn fine work chop! :drink40:

So they got it up and running???? Come on Chop I want to hear some more reviews?????? How's that amp working out I help find for this Build???

Hawk

thank you for the compliments. :drink40:

the enclosure was designed with this mount option in mind.

there is no displacement and actually, though very little is written on the subject...

inverting the sub *creates* additional air space!

think about it, espeacially on larger woofers, it is a concave area attatched to a flat surface,

the cone area is additional air space.

and yes, chuck let the cat out of the bag on us, lol

was not going to report that info for another day or so...

i would rate the install off of steves goals..

loud as or louder than the dual 12"s, while creating addtional trunk space...

staying inside a tight budget.

we did all of that easily...

i have quite a bit of work to do still and lot's more pics to take.

it is quite loud, but there s alot of tunning to be done yet.

the ap1800d , power wise seems to be doing it's job quite well.

i had questioned a couple different resources about the power inputs, looking for the magical # of 0 gauge.

they suck! it looks as if the positive is 4 gauge and get this, the negative is smaller yet?

and also, they angle downward, making the use of adapters impossible, or the use of 0 gauge , trimmed down.

not happy with that at all, it will not effect our install or use of the equipment overall.

at the price, it is doing the job, but it is disapointing to see that sort of set up hanging off the ass of that amp.

not sure what they were thinking.

often more times than not, you will see cheaper products imitate the big guys, so it is a dissapointment.

still happy with the price and the power .

very happy with the WMD2,

one of thoe installs were alot of folks will be saying " only one 12" ?!!? " ,

chop

OOOOOPS! My bad bro :suicide-santa:

So the AP1800 is putting out rated power even though it only has 4 gauge inputs?

What if you had the side of the amp hang off of whatever it's mounted on, then would you be able to use 4 to 0 adapters?

hey trip, not sure on rated power, just happy ths far, it will be end of march or later before i can go down there to have the 502 crew look at how it is fairing on rated power.

i will get you some pics soon.....no you can not overhang it....... huge mounnting foot in the way.....

chop

Well I'm seriously thinking about getting this amplifier or the AP1500D, they are extremely cheap and I've heard pretty good stories about them.

I see that little gem! I'll take one in XXL! :D

Chop, you have done a sick job of sanding that bitch down. Built a damn good enclosure maaaiiin!:slayer:

That is a bitch about the terminals. Have you contacted AP to see if it was ok? Worth a shot to see if its supposed to be like that or not.

That's going to be loud and low. Hopefully your trunk can take it

have not contacted them , might take that advice though....

somewhwere in this i have lost a few pics ...

also , not sure if it had anything to do with my install or not, but steve has whip lash like symptoms and had to take his ass to the er last night.

the box is together, inside of the port is painted white....no neons installed yet

no paint on the outside as of yet.....

sub is mounted....

we hooked it up, been giving it a listen and doing some tweaking on it yet, everything by ear only thus far....

way louder than the 2 12"s previously installed,

decent amount of trunk, rear deck, rear bumper, and rear window flex....

not sure if it is just spring and folks are not immune to ground pounders yet or if it is really just too loud, but we are getting a crap load of looks with it when cruising.....

steve's new trick is to bump it and then call me, i have to guess which block or street he was on....

that or when he pulls up out in front of a retail store were we are shopping, we definetly know he is out front, whole store is booming!

pics soon, of the system, perhaps a crappy cell phone vid, and pics of whip lash boy, lol......

chop

That's going to be loud and low. Hopefully your trunk can take it

Jordon, I am super glad to see you getting on here more, hope you are doing well, how you coming on the NS and SAZ issues?

chop

between rainy weather, steve having a torn trapazoid muscle , chasing junk yards for parts, we have not progressed on the build much...

he snattched up a amp for his mids and highs to be installed soon,

as well as got the crap to fix the motor...

this is a pic of what the box looks like in the trunk right now though.

1-38.jpg

Chop that box came out looking very sweet... Maybe you can make some money on the side building boxs.....

Steve!

This doctor could give a crap less about your install! lmao

1-39.jpg

Steve!

This doctor could give a crap less about your install! lmao

1-39.jpg

THIS here is CLASSIC. I'm Crying I laughed SOOO hard.laugh.gif

All jokes aside. That Thing is P-P-P-Poundin' I'm sure, lOOks gOOd Brother Chop.

Cant believe you went to to savage yard without ME.huh.gif Guess it would help if I lived Closer.smile.gif

Steve probably pulled his muscle carrying his sub around.LOL.

I'd be worried a little about your box changing due to increased losses. Inverting that much of a cantilever with a small mounting surface can add to it. Flush mounting helps, especially if you are tight on your cuts.

Maybe next season we can get some SSA, Fi, IA, SS, or Sundown drivers in the team IAK installs. :)

IT SOUNDS GOOD BUT STEVE LOOKS STOOPID WITH HIS KNECK MESSED UP L0L. AND I ASKED TO GO TO THE SAVAGE YARD TOO. EXCEPT I THINK I SLEPT THREW THAT TRIP.:{

I'm running Sundown :drink40: SAZ-1500D, SAX-50.4, 4-SA8's