Sign in to follow this  
Gringo817

Xcon or Icon for my ED Nine.1 ?

I have a ED Nine.1 and I need help deciding on what subs to get. The amp supposed to do 1200w RMS @1ohm 12.5v. I have a MB Quart 4125 powering a pair of ID CTX65cs comps and a pair of ID CTX65 coaxials. This is all going into a '09 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I listen to all types of music. I want something to get low and loud. Would 2 Icon 12's be a better choice than 1 Xcon 12 with that amp?

I have a ED Nine.1 and I need help deciding on what subs to get. The amp supposed to do 1200w RMS @1ohm 12.5v. I have a MB Quart 4125 powering a pair of ID CTX65cs comps and a pair of ID CTX65 coaxials. This is all going into a '09 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I listen to all types of music. I want something to get low and loud. Would 2 Icon 12's be a better choice than 1 Xcon 12 with that amp?

2-12's have more cone area so yes they will be louder.

thats not always the case...take 2 12" Sony explodes in a couple prefab boxes and then build a nice box for 1 12" Btl or equivalent and tell me which one is louder. its all in the install. that being said i have heard great things about both subwoofers and i would personally go with 1 xcon.

thats not always the case...take 2 12" Sony explodes in a couple prefab boxes and then build a nice box for 1 12" Btl or equivalent and tell me which one is louder. its all in the install. that being said i have heard great things about both subwoofers and i would personally go with 1 xcon.

With the cone area argument it is assumed that the same or at least similar model drivers will be used. Obviously it's way different between different drivers and if they can handle the available power.

If you want to give up the extra space, the Icons will probably be louder.

If you have room for a 15" xcon, thats the way id go. And plus you can always upgrade your amp with that one, id personally put a sundown amp on it :)

If you are going to port the 12" ICON's, you are looking at 5cf.

15" XCON ported at 4cf would slap. Hell they slap hard in 3cf sealed too.

One big woofer is sexy so get the 15" XCON. :drink40: