Sign in to follow this  
worstenemy453

SSA Brand Subs

I am new to this forum and am a member of caraudio.com and mwcaraudio.net.

I think its obvious SSA makes their own subs. I have run Sundown and IA and currently am in between systems, trying to get ready for MECA competitions in Va. My latest set-up was a 12" Warden on an RD 3250 V.1

My question is, what makes SSA subs different from the rest ? Being on this forum, i figure i can get the best answers from the company and members who have run SSA subs themselves.

I haven't run any ssa subs yet, but I have researched them quite a bit. They aren't really geared for spl, but they can get pretty loud. These subs are made with sound quality at the top of the list (It would seem), and spl second. They can get amazingly loud and sound really good doing it. All of their subs can be run sealed or ported and hold their own in either enclosure. I think that is what I find amazing about these subs. I hope someone else can chime in with some personal experience.

I currently run a ICON 10" with a sundown 125.2. And this thing sounds great, hits really hard for the low power it is getting right now. Would love to upgrade to a 1200D. But i can go from hard rock to rap to techno and this thing will not miss a beat, everything sounds consistent. Was there anything in particular you were looking to have answered? Or just get some opinions of some people familiar with them? I personally like them because they are not mainstream, they are a new company that will rock all the mainstream people out of the water, and i have met and know the owners really well, both extremely GREAT guys!!! And they are made in the USA! I enjoy showing my system to people who are like wow you are only running 400W and it still pounds like that, what products do you have! Then i go into my salesman mode. I also have met Jacob from Sundown and he was one of the coolest guys i have ever met! The first time i met him was like we we great friends and just havent seen each other in a long time, and he is also VERY dedicated to having the best stuff he can produce!! When i saw his basement with all the amps torn apart and getting tested a fitted it was evident that he really knew what he was doing and would not rest till he made every single inch usable and efficient! Well i am now off my soap box and if you have any more questions feel free to ask, must of us on here are willing on the help with what we can!!

I am just looking for over-all opinions, im into SPL and run a a Warden but i wanted to know something about them. They look pretty good.

If you are into spl you can find louder subs that the SSA, that is not what they designed it to do. The XCONS will however get plenty loud. Just look at the specs and you can see they are just as over designed as any true SPL subwoofer is, but where they really shine is how musical they are. Always precise and tight. They do not lose control and sound excellent on any music I have played them on.

Not too many SQ subs on the market that can take 1800 - 2000w daily. For that 20 second fart on a test tone go elsewhere. Hell SSA will tell you the same, good guys that don't go to every forum playing fan boys. They want you to be happy even if it means suggesting a different sub. Truth.

When you want to enjoy loud and low music all day, every day...........a SSA XCON is hard to beat. If you want to score a few db higher on a term lab then build a fart box and pile on the power to a different sub. A fart box would be a waste of this subs potential.

Considering your post seems a little hostile im going to say now that i have never burped a sub and i have never had a box tuned above 38. My Warden was wired to a RD 3250 V.1 @ .5 ohms daily in my 89 F150 standard cab, i would like to have something to recommend people for SQ as i sell IA for Rio currently. My Warden handled that amp and for more than 4 or 5 hours a day and didnt sweat it. Its definatly not a SQ sub but it sounds good enough for my needs.

A bunch of very well said explanations have been said. :) We don't have fan boy's, there are happy customers. Big difference, as many companies built their reputation on blind believers of hype. I look at it from the perspective in making drivers like Mercedes slogan for building cars. "Build to a standard, not a price point."

The Xcon being the flagship is extremely expensive to build, triple the cost of some Chinese built drivers that some people think are in the same class as the Xcon. This is because the Xcon is a design just to itself. Plus it fills the recently vacant slot in the reasonably priced 'super-sub' category. In terms of high end "SQ" biased drivers, it usually means the customer is going to spend much more to get similar performance.

The Icon speaks for itself. :)

The Dcon is one of the best 300 watt offerings period, no bias on that. :)

Considering your post seems a little hostile im going to say now that i have never burped a sub and i have never had a box tuned above 38. My Warden was wired to a RD 3250 V.1 @ .5 ohms daily in my 89 F150 standard cab, i would like to have something to recommend people for SQ as i sell IA for Rio currently. My Warden handled that amp and for more than 4 or 5 hours a day and didnt sweat it. Its definatly not a SQ sub but it sounds good enough for my needs.

Do you sell for him on forums?

i would like to have something to recommend people for SQ as i sell IA for Rio currently.

So whats wrong with the flatlynes then? I have an Icon i am going to use, was going to build a box today or tomorrow but something came up and cant till wed or thur.

Not sure you got hostile out of my comments, it was not meant to be in any way. Hard to judge someone's tone reading on a forum I guess.

Yes i do, before anything is said, i know this site is an IA dealer so i will not try to sell to members here, thats not why i am here, also, the warden i have for sale is my own personal woofer out of my truck. I sell on ca.com, mwcaraudio.net and caraudiospl.com.

i would like to have something to recommend people for SQ as i sell IA for Rio currently.

So whats wrong with the flatlynes then? I have an Icon i am going to use, was going to build a box today or tomorrow but something came up and cant till wed or thur.

I honestly have no experience with the flatlyne yet, i will not back SSA subs or the faltlynes with my rep yet but i will recommend them on the basis that they come very highly regarded. I dont fully back anything that i dont have any hands on with.

Not sure you got hostile out of my comments, it was not meant to be in any way. Hard to judge someone's tone reading on a forum I guess.

It just seemed like you hold a bad opinion on SPL geared people and me being an SPL person it seemed a little hostile, I myself agree that systems that are built just for burps and that cannot play music are pointless and a waste of money but if i took your comments the wrong way, i apologize.

Yes i do, before anything is said, i know this site is an IA dealer so i will not try to sell to members here, thats not why i am here, also, the warden i have for sale is my own personal woofer out of my truck. I sell on ca.com, mwcaraudio.net and caraudiospl.com.

I honestly have no experience with the flatlyne yet, i will not back SSA subs or the faltlynes with my rep yet but i will recommend them on the basis that they come very highly regarded. I dont fully back anything that i dont have any hands on with.

It just seemed like you hold a bad opinion on SPL geared people and me being an SPL person it seemed a little hostile, I myself agree that systems that are built just for burps and that cannot play music are pointless and a waste of money but if i took your comments the wrong way, i apologize.

Ha Ha, I am going from 2-15" to 2-18" XCONS. I have no problems with loud. :drink40:

It's all good man. Like I said it's hard to judge tone reading a comment.

Were you trying to say something cuz if you were, i dont see it ?

I must have hit the quote button by mistake.

The Dcon is one of the best 300 watt offerings period, no bias on that.

I'm going to pick up a pair of these for my birthday this year. July can't come soon enough.

I'm going to pick up a pair of these for my birthday this year. July can't come soon enough.

:orly3:

:woot: :woot:

I love my x-cons and i recommend them to anyone any day. id have to say the new nightshades are nasty and will be my choice if i ever go to a spl setup.

:orly3:

:woot: :woot:

That's the plan so far anyway. :)