kryptonitewhite

Twin Towers BUILD LOG

the white trash redneck did it again..

Did what? Built a box that can't do anymore than one that wouldn't take up the whole room?

Did what? Built a box that can't do anymore than one that wouldn't take up the whole room?

stop posting in my thread

so I figured why not leave the ports at 48", the way i got them, and stick them out 12" for a 12" clearance from the rear wall for a 6.5Hz tune for fun... then cut them down to 16" for a 10Hz tune to see what that was like..then land on my final cut, 5", a little under 14Hz tune to keep from any dip in FR...and I get that AWESOME peak from 12Hz-20Hz... PERFECT!

Well I cut her down, I'm re-watching WOTWs... and it is cherry. The platform resembling bleechers can't hurt either...8'x'8 square soaking it all up and wobbling!

FR.jpg

The problem is the way you wrote this someone could read it that doesn't know any better and think it is a good idea, so it needs to be clarified

The problem is the way you wrote this someone could read it that doesn't know any better and think it is a good idea, so it needs to be clarified

for my goal how is it not a good idea? not only is there more than 1 way to skin a cat (be there "better" or "more efficient" ways or not) but my goal is not the normal flat responce either, though my plots are flatter than most other plots I have seen.

just because I did it different, the way I wanted to do it, I spent the same or less than your idea probably would have to acheive the same... MY results.

I know youre a smart guy, and I know you hold a high position here. Ive watched you over the years. But I am flat out telling you that you are wrong stating my idea is not good. just because you do not get it, can't justify it, doesn't make you right and me wrong.

your obsessiuon with the space taken up is all you. i do not care about space. just because any others out there might not want to take up this amount of space either doesnt mean my idea is bad... just like if I were rich and if I could afford 4 TCSounds or 4 Maelstrom-X and 8 PRs and several EP4000s and a dedicated circuit breaker panel for my HT to get a similar responce...blah... it's pointless, you really are so good at what you do that youve let it go to your head and now you can't think outside the box. yes, I could have gone with 8 drivers IB and EQed the crap out of them, but that would have taken more power from my amps, therefore upgraded electrical for my home..more than I already need. But 8 drivers and EQ equipment would also have surpassed my wood expenses.

youve stated your opinion more than once. if you want to make 1 single statement and say " attention users seeking ideas and advice, this particular install/alignment is not for everyone. though this project does what the user wants it to do, and for the cheapest price available, that does not mean you should do it this way". You could even go as far as to say "if you also want an exaggerated 10Hz-20Hz range, but you want less 20Hz on up, you will need heavy EQing and lots of Vd...volume displacement... to get there, even in an IB or large sealed enclosure.

so please. youve made your point. please stop. thank you.

Edited by kryptonitewhite

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1231247&page=11

So my lady wants me to build some ugly stairs to go with the ugly clown room, and I wanted to test the Towers to see how much of the flex is pressure VS driver vibration... if it's mostly pressure and I need to brace all 6 sides, I need a minimum of 40 2"x4"s, 8 front to back each, 8 side to side each, 4 center to top each. But I put some white stickers in diff spots to see if it was the same flex all over or just by the driver. Lucky me! 24Hz is where it is worst, but a few Hz in each direction and flex is minimal.

Took the drivers out of the 10 cube box, put them back in the towers.

CIMG2606.jpg

CIMG2607.jpg

CIMG2608.jpg

Ill most likely put the 2nd driver's on the inside top

CIMG2610.jpg

otherwise outside top

CIMG2611.jpg

here's the vibration vid

CIMG2669-1.jpg

CIMG2670.jpg

CIMG2974.jpg

CIMG2975.jpg

CIMG2976.jpg

CIMG3050.jpg

CIMG3051.jpg

good.jpg

good-1.jpg

my camera sucks, trying to clean it with rubbing alcohol

CIMG3155.jpg

CIMG3156.jpg

CIMG3157.jpg

CIMG3158.jpg

Of course speaker placement changes everything, I knew that, but my initial plan was ordering six 21" Maelstrom-X's and 14 Anarchy's, doing seven MTMs for 7.1 surround. To get me buy until then I was just gonna use those cheap walmart cubes, but they work surprisingly well and I just can't afford better for now. They are HIDEOUS and one has a bad stain, so I tuked them back into the entertainment center to hide them. Well with the added two 18's my substage SQ went way up, so Ive been doing more critical listening (sure those cubes are as bad as it can get, but the receiver sure milks them for what they're worth) and I just couldnt take the "tunnel vision" from them being 3' deep between the towers.

I brought them out, real ugly I know, but OMFG! I had to back things down 2dB off the batt, but even my woman looked at me right away like "wow, did that really just happen? Did that really change things that much?" Cuz now it's actually surround, not mono muffled :D

The surrounds faced forward, were hard to hear, now theyre standing out like they should.

CIMG3217.jpg

CIMG3218.jpg

CIMG3219.jpg

CIMG3220.jpg

CIMG3221.jpg

CIMG3222.jpg

Thats silly string all over, the black lights and colored lights light it up... looks cool in person, dirty in pics

so 2 of my gaskets were warped from sitting outside and were rubbing the surrounds so I took em off. I get the new 4 any day now, Ill put the new ones in the HT and use these in the van. built shelves to set stuff on on the sides of the bleechers. wish I couldda got the crackhead to help with that back during summer, much better

CIMG3223.jpg

CIMG3224.jpg

CIMG3227.jpg

CIMG3228.jpg

CIMG3229.jpg

CIMG3230.jpg

CIMG3231.jpg

CIMG3232.jpg

speaker placement means everything

CIMG3233.jpg

CIMG3234.jpg

got the four 18's today for the VAN, decided to put them in the towers cuz I am getting serious buzzing I hope the new gaskets will cure, and my reconing job was as pretty as my speaker stands :D

CIMG3235.jpg

CIMG3236.jpg

CIMG3237.jpg

CIMG3238.jpg

I really like all of the pictures. Props to your lady for giving a helping hand. Nice family project.

Props again for post #55.

Decided to grab the Samsung, the only one with Netflix live stream capability..man what I had to go thru to get it... it's the floor display, paid full price...but I got the last one!

shoulda picked up a PS3...

I really like all of the pictures. Props to your lady for giving a helping hand. Nice family project.

Props again for post #55.

Thanks Edub, it makes it so much more fun bringing the family into it and teaching them how to run it as well. Glad you dug #55, over the years I've caught a lot of heat time and time again... I've gotten pretty good at acting like a child and lashing out, that was one of few times I think I habdled myself quite well :)

Decided to grab the Samsung, the only one with Netflix live stream capability..man what I had to go thru to get it... it's the floor display, paid full price...but I got the last one!

shoulda picked up a PS3...

wish i was a gamer.... I almost grabbed one anyway numerous times but I couldn't justify paying 3Xs for something I'd never use

Edited by kryptonitewhite

This platform grabs the ULF flop from the subs quite well, other than that this thing is totally unphased by four 18's and two 12" ports and people jumping up and down, back up, back down all day long day after day, but there's just one activity that always worries me so i finally had to do sumthin bout it :)

CIMG3360.jpg

CIMG3361.jpg

CIMG3364.jpg

CIMG3365.jpg

CIMG3366.jpg

CIMG3367.jpg

CIMG3369.jpg

CIMG3370.jpg

CIMG3371.jpg

CIMG3372.jpg

CIMG3373.jpg

CIMG3374.jpg

CIMG3375.jpg

CIMG3376.jpg

CIMG3377.jpg

The Last Samurai

ready, aim, fire at will

gatling gun

gatling

2nd round canon fire

2nd, third, and fourth round canon shots

The problem with Xmen Origines: Wolverine, is that it's LFE seems to be recorded low-level to begin with... I can watch the whole thing at -18dB master +12dB sub, or almost all of it at -15dB master +12dB sub... only movie I can do that with. On top of that, it seems HP'ed the only reason I have to turn it down on a cpl parts is the midbass/high bass is insane and kills my voltage. This movie is PACKED with ULF, packed with single digits. But it is at such a low level, and, much lower than the rest of the LFE. It is simply over run by mid/high bass.

Im gonna post vids of the final fight scene where X11 has super reappearing powers... most of the movie is not like this, yet still very subsonic.

The almost grand finalley

Xmen Geart Stuff! black cowboyX11 (IDKY I keep saying top plate, not bottom)

Xmen Great Stuff black cowboy X 11 v2

Xmen jus keeps on comin

Xmen great ULF at beginning, then recorded way too long after

Jim Jones ft. Hell Rell - Pour Wax

Caprica The Heavens Will Rise Season 1 Ep 16 INTRO

less than 4Hz FULL EXCURSION from a TV series on HULU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beethoven Wellingtons Victory Op 91 7Hz explosions

Caprica The Heavens Will Rise Season 1 Ep 16 4min11sec to 4min37sec

Caprica Dirteaters Season 1 Ep 15 42min 49sec

Caprica Blowback Season 1 Ep 14

3 solid minutes of single digits

Flashforward No More Good Days Season 1 Ep1 10min20sec to 13min through commercial

[/url

I was finishing up todays vids of HULU shows, the GF and her son were in the other room watchin the news, I wanted to give them 10Hz anxiety...they started yelling. 10Hz sine wave kills tv reception. Those fan blades look like theyre only moving an inch or two, theyre moving almost 4"!

These are from before i had four eighteens

7Hz

Fringe: Amber 31422 Season 3 Ep. 5 13:27

The lowest output I have had yet, from a TV show on HULU.com

If I could have afforded eight instead of four and upgraded my electrical to back up my EP4000s Id have gone Brian style, had to go the poor man rout :-P

Just flat nuts!

Just flat nuts!

Im jsut glad I havent turned any of my IB3s inside out, sure Ive bottomed coils and had to recone several...but I always do that whether it's MOFOs, L7's, don't matter... when you ride the red line every minute, play 10Hz sine waves for 10 minutes, 5Hz sine waves.... stuff is gonna break. NEVER cooked a coil on one though.

5dB increments to see compression starting at -40dB ending at -10dB master volume. Yup, thats a 130dB peak :D Yup, thats solider than solid a 10Hz, yup, look at that 6Hz ;)

15Hz on up

003-2.jpg

DC on up ;) ;)

yes.jpg