mads10bass

BIG BASS BLAZER build log

Why didn't you get DP's?

x2 especially if your gonna keep throwing that amount of watts at it (get something you know can handle it).

because i was told these could handle the power by a person named 2loud4youmorris. that was the last time i listen to him. Now i am going to be upgrading to some subs that can handle the power hopefully.

Usually subs can handle more power than rated but it depends on a lot of things. Not to throw this at you but it kills me when people think throwing more than rms at a sub (especially two times more) is whats best for the sub, usually this is only true when competing. Will depend on box size, goals, listening habits, daily or competing/burps (this is the information they should explain as well when telling you a driver can take more power). Next time I would email the company and explain my goals, equipment to get the best answer at what to power there drivers with relative to my application/install. Just a heads up it can be done but under certain conditions, that is why I just stick with rms since it's harder to mess it up even if you know what your doing.

Just order new re-cones from IA! Sounds like you need to have your gain set up with an Oscilloscope!

Just order new re-cones from IA! Sounds like you need to have your gain set up with an Oscilloscope!

ill be ordering a single recone and another 15 this should get the amp to its potential at around 2 ohm so it will preform like it was built to. and ill have to look into the oscilloscope. thanks

Usually subs can handle more power than rated but it depends on a lot of things. Not to throw this at you but it kills me when people think throwing more than rms at a sub (especially two times more) is whats best for the sub, usually this is only true when competing. Will depend on box size, goals, listening habits, daily or competing/burps (this is the information they should explain as well when telling you a driver can take more power). Next time I would email the company and explain my goals, equipment to get the best answer at what to power there drivers with relative to my application/install. Just a heads up it can be done but under certain conditions, that is why I just stick with rms since it's harder to mess it up even if you know what your doing.

i totally understand where you are coming from thats why i am doing it correct and by myself this time. its always when i have people help out shit goes ary. and i will talk to IA when i call to order my recone. thanks for the input man.

Not a problem at all man that's what we are here for.

Ok I redid my electrical and sub stage. Here is a few of my electrical it will all be going in this week or coming up weekend.

DSCI0727.jpg

DSCI0729.jpg

My stinger terminals should be here Wednesday or Thursday so i can get into putting putting my wire in and installing my hc1800 under then hood.

Im running 2 xfl 12s on a ap3k at 4ohm before rise in a prefab box.

I did a 145.4 today to take 2nd in ssnw.

congrats on a 145.4! i shoulda been there also

looks like you got solid electrical

i really hope we meet up again soon. my goal now is to beat you :). your my motivation right now to work harder on my shit and get louder.

i really hope we meet up again soon. my goal now is to beat you :). your my motivation right now to work harder on my shit and get louder.

id give you some pointers on those s10s but im scared you may be louder than me. lol

i have alot of saving to do to finish this build another 2 xfls and another 3k and i should be done.

congrats on a 145.4! i shoulda been there also

looks like you got solid electrical

its ok at idle it drops to 12v cause i still have my stock front battery but that will be changed out before the start of next week with my hc1800!

Ok all my watchers I sold the xfl and am going to try my hand at some sundown audio sa12s. I found about 10 or 15 sq ft of dynamat extreme under my couch and am going to be using it on my roof. I am going to be building a box, installing all my wire, and deadening my roof this weekend so watch out for some pics and maybe a video or 2.

O and before I forget I will still be in ssnw along with trying my hand at bassrace 139.9

I got all 4 runs front to back. Got the hc1800 to fit and all hooked up, working on the big 3. I also have to go pick up 2 sheets of wood tomorrow to build my box, amprack and battery box. O and I forgot my camera cord at my house.

Pics Pics Pics Gotta have Pics! Sounds good, Keep at it!

Ok here they are. my port came out WAY to small. I also have to go pick up my subs tomorrow from the post office.

The hc1800 all in and some of the wire ran.

DSCI0776.jpg

The 2" hole in my fire wall with 3 of the 4 runs.

DSCI0777.jpg

3 of my 4 spv70s all wired up.

DSCI0779.jpg

One of my many helpers

DSCI0781.jpg

All 4 runs and my batteries all wired up.

DSCI0782.jpg

All the old crap out.

DSCI0800.jpg

All finished up and big 3 done.

DSCI0803.jpg

Not bad but I need to zip tie em all up.

DSCI0801.jpg

Edited by BIG BASS BLAZER

The build looks good bro :drink40: I was wondering what you thought of that DB alt? I'm considering purchasing one for my Ford Escape.

I wanna go hook 2 of the 4 12s up now but debating. And the alt is great for the money but my car sucks at idle no matter what I do.