BanginGMC

Blow Through Bandpass Design

Hello,

I'm looking to get a blow through bandpass design for 2 18" fully loaded BTL's. My truck is a 1986 GMC S15 and i will be powering them with 2 AQ2200.

Looking for a quote please

Thanks Dom.

P.S. (To my fellow SSA dudes) - sorry you have to see my threads about this subject.. just trying to get some help! :)

I could build it but I would like to have the vehicle to line everything up properly

Build it as in the design... not the enclosure itself right?

Where are you located? :)

EDIT: holy shit we are in different country's.. i dont think us meeting is an option

Edited by BanginGMC

Yes I live in Canada.......... :suicide-santa:

and 90% of the e mails I get are from the US..

.....almost tempted by a couple offers from US investors thrown at me to come work down there

.....almost tempted by a couple offers from US investors thrown at me to come work down there

Move to Missouri it's right in the middle ;)

2 18s will take up your whole bed. 18s might not stand up under the bed cover.

You might want to grab a 18 frame (speaker), set it to a 45 degree angle and see if it fits.

I can't tell, Do you have a fiberglass bed cover ??

My box is designed the same as a hatchback box with a modified front.

Edited by Cablguy184

Can you make the design?

2 18s will take up your whole bed. 18s might not stand up under the bed cover.

You might want to grab a 18 frame (speaker), set it to a 45 degree angle and see if it fits.

I can't tell, Do you have a fiberglass bed cover ??

My box is designed the same as a hatchback box with a modified front.

I know 2 18's will take the whole bed up, that doesn't bother me one bit.

The bed cover isn't fiberglass its a snap on, i don't have a 18 speaker off hand.

I'm not following you on how your box is designed.

Can you make the design?

unfortunately I don't sell designs anymore.....

Can you make the design?

unfortunately I don't sell designs anymore.....

Can't make an exception?

I had a 4th order blowthrough in my Avalanche with great results. I could design you one for a few bucks. Send me an email at galamonkey@gmail.com if youre interested.

I had a 4th order blowthrough in my Avalanche with great results. I could design you one for a few bucks. Send me an email at galamonkey@gmail.com if youre interested.

Emailed.

Aero810@yahoo.com

Go 6th. Get ready to build more than once to really nail it down.

Do you make designs? If so.. i'll pay you for it.

I think you are going about this the wrong way if you really want it to work. No matter who designs your box, the first try will not work all that well as it is impossible to input that many variables in particular when some are unknown. I'd expect to build it three times. Considering your best bet is to start reading and learn what questions you don't know and try to understand the design. If you don't, I'd recommend you just do a ported box and call it a day.

I think you are going about this the wrong way if you really want it to work. No matter who designs your box, the first try will not work all that well as it is impossible to input that many variables in particular when some are unknown. I'd expect to build it three times. Considering your best bet is to start reading and learn what questions you don't know and try to understand the design. If you don't, I'd recommend you just do a ported box and call it a day.

So.. you do not think it can be done with a great skill of craftsmanship and a very detailed design? I am unaware of the variables that you speak of and how it will come into effect. Please add more input.

Not sure how you couldn't be. Design a box once and look at how changing volumes & porting will change everything. Then realize that you have no idea of the cabin gain or acoustics of your vehicle with a box like that in it. It isn't impossible, but as stated you will have to build one to find out how close you were to your target design and at least one more to nail it in. You *could* do a ton of measurements and calculate everything, but that would require more time & money than just building a different box. It just isn't a trivial design when you don't have all the parameters associated with it. If you are into compromises then you could just say screw it, but I wouldn't.