Sign in to follow this  
Semtex

Sub arrived today. Need Help

I received my 12” Level 3 and was super excited when I opened it up. It is an amazing looking sub. However, once I pulled it out of the box, I saw that the braided wires (tinsel leads??) that connect to the terminals were disconnected on both sides (both terminals). Is this normal? And if so, is it something I can fix.

48622dad.jpg

e68f918f.jpg

a6988fbd.jpg

Contact Rusty at DC.

Looks like they shipped them before the build was complete. If you're handy with a soldering iron you can solder them yourself.

Contact Rusty at DC.

Looks like they shipped them before the build was complete. If you're handy with a soldering iron you can solder them yourself.

I dont mind soldering them if thats all it is. My dumb questions is though, do I need to strip them like a regular wire, or solder them as is. I've never dealt with this type of wire (braided), so I want to make sure I dont screw anyting up...Thanks.

Just contact Rusty to make sure man. But I would think you can just solder them straight on.

baa well thats embarrasing, ya just solder them or i would be happy to send a call tag for it and fix it for you, I am very sorry about that. Somebodys getting fired hehe

Oh shit.... Drew's ganna get in trouble!!!

baa well thats embarrasing, ya just solder them or i would be happy to send a call tag for it and fix it for you, I am very sorry about that. Somebodys getting fired hehe

:werd_msword: