Hansk

DC Level 4 or Kicker L7

i mean sh*t who does wanna be loud...right..lol

I don't. Could care less about it. I want my shit to sound great, that is the most important thing to me.

Doesn't mean I didn't go through the I want to be loud stage, but I grew out of that one.

That's Funny, I Like My Shit To Make A Big Great "Kerplunk" Sound In The Toilet.

Don't Ever Doubt 1 18" Inch Sub, I've Seen 8"s Get Louder Than Most L7's. (Most, As In Car Audio Newbies And Retarded Mainstream Fanboys.) The Real Problem Is Your Amp.

I don't. Could care less about it. I want my shit to sound great, that is the most important thing to me.

Doesn't mean I didn't go through the I want to be loud stage, but I grew out of that one.

That's Funny, I Like My Shit To Make A Big Great "Kerplunk" Sound In The Toilet.

Don't Ever Doubt 1 18" Inch Sub, I've Seen 8"s Get Louder Than Most L7's. (Most, As In Car Audio Newbies And Retarded Mainstream Fanboys.) The Real Problem Is Your Amp.

when i said i wanted to be loud, i mean it like i wanna be loud but still sound really good.... not just loud and alll bass....

Very few people here will tell you to go for Kicker.

There are dozens of subs in the market!

If you just want to be loud, it's easy with 2000 watts rms. Do you really want to get rid of your backseats ?

A ported box for 2 15"s is huge. For one 15 it can be around 5 cu ft gross.

1 sub is enough on 2000 watts, but you can have 2 if you got the room available.

Look at

• Fi : bl (if you want 2 subs), btl(one sub)
  • Incriminator Audio DP, DR,...
  • DC audio LVL 4, 5 ?
  • SSA Xcon ( not the loudest, but the most "ACCURATE") I run one, and I love it a lot more than my ex Kicker L7 S15
  • Ascendant Audio
  • and many more

Take your time to read all you can about these subs on this forum !

Good luck

i have already taken out my back seat.... so i do have plenty of room... and im thinking about going with DC level 4 15".... or if anybody would disagree and just go with one 18???

Personally that is up to you, I would go for the 15" if you want to keep your seats and have some trunk room but if you dont care for room and want that extra output from an 18" then go for it. Either will slam and you will enjoy it :drink40: , hope that helps.

when i said i wanted to be loud, i mean it like i wanna be loud but still sound really good.... not just loud and alll bass....

Then you'd be worried about the fronts and not so much the sub.

Then you'd be worried about the fronts and not so much the sub.

im just worrying about what subs to run now.. then im gonna think abuot front stage, cause i wanna do some fiberglass work as well on my panels and stuff.

Never Said Pure SPL......Even Though Most Every Kicker Install I've Heard Had The SQ Of My arseho.

You're Kinda Moving Backwards, You Should Do The Front Stage First Always Unless It Is A Pure SPL Competition Vehicle, Or Maybe That's Just My Method.

For 1 Sub You're Gonna Need A Dual 2 Ohm, 2 Subs Dual 1 Ohm.

Just Throwing That In.

For 1 Sub You're Gonna Need A Dual 2 Ohm, 2 Subs Dual 1 Ohm.

Just Throwing That In.

im going with the dc's and i know ill need dual 1ohm

With 2k rms and a proper charging system I'd go either 2 Level 4's (whatever you want to fit volume wise)

I'm running a single 12" Level 4 off of 1200rms and its treating me well.

The Fi BTL is a nice woof woofer, but i'd go DD over it if the budget is reasonable.

If loudness is the main desire and space can be sacrificed, get the biggest woofer(s) you can fit properly to maximize surface area.

Also, You may want to look into an IA DP 21" (it'll blow your mind :))

With 2k rms and a proper charging system I'd go either 2 Level 4's (whatever you want to fit volume wise)

I'm running a single 12" Level 4 off of 1200rms and its treating me well.

The Fi BTL is a nice woof woofer, but i'd go DD over it if the budget is reasonable.

If loudness is the main desire and space can be sacrificed, get the biggest woofer(s) you can fit properly to maximize surface area.

Also, You may want to look into an IA DP 21" (it'll blow your mind :))

APPRICIATE THE SUGGESTIONS BUT I THINK MY MIND IS SET ON 2 DC LEVEL 4 15" . I THINK THEY WILL TREAT ME WELL WITH WHAT IM LOOKING FOR(MOVING ALOT OF AIR AND LOUD AS WELL)...

THEY WILL TREAT ME WELL WITH WHAT IM LOOKING FOR(MOVING ALOT OF AIR AND LOUD AS WELL)...

Hmm, only one page and you change your goals completely

THEY WILL TREAT ME WELL WITH WHAT IM LOOKING FOR(MOVING ALOT OF AIR AND LOUD AS WELL)...

Hmm, only one page and you change your goals completely

i want it loud but still sound good.... im not going pure spl or pure SQ i want it it the middle LOUD but SOUND GOOD

Yelling doesn't help.

Not all bass, move a lot of air and NO discussion of front stage is crazy. I know you said later, but then that isn't your goal. If you truly want to sound good then do the fronts first and spend way more money on them than your sub. Of course, if your definition of sound good is a lot of bass then carry on.

Yelling doesn't help.

Not all bass, move a lot of air and NO discussion of front stage is crazy. I know you said later, but then that isn't your goal. If you truly want to sound good then do the fronts first and spend way more money on them than your sub. Of course, if your definition of sound good is a lot of bass then carry on.

who said i was yelling..... like you said earlier im working backwards.... i am... and i want to do it that way.... i have some ok door speakers(im not saying there great and all but ok) im looking for subs now.... i will upgrade the front stage later like i said but that will only happen when the funds come... i still got to buy all the stuff im gonna need cause right now i just have the amps, highs , mids, and thats it but i know what im looking for and have a pretty good grasp of what i want and how im gonna do this. this thread was about subs not front stage...

Typing in caps lock means your yelling.

Typing in caps lock means your yelling.

oh well didnt mean it like that.. im new to forum stuff ..i was just trying to accecent those points in the runoff sentence

i've heard a couple l7/l5 set ups never been impressed at all.

i've heard a couple l7/l5 set ups never been impressed at all.

thanks man .... thats really wht i keep hearing... thats why i think im going with dc.. and im hearing more good things than bad things about DC vs KICKER

Almost any body who doesnt like a Kicker install must have a box made from a preference you dont desire (such as a higher or lower than normal tuning that you would use) or you just dont like them. I heard a lot of Kicker setups and including many of my own that sound good so it is all in the install, if you put them in an enclosure designed around your needs and goals they will sound great and perform great.

Almost any body who doesnt like a Kicker install must have a box made from a preference you dont desire (such as a higher or lower than normal tuning that you would use) or you just dont like them. I heard a lot of Kicker setups and including many of my own that sound good so it is all in the install, if you put them in an enclosure designed around your needs and goals they will sound great and perform great.

i see where your coming from ... i have had kicker before(not L7's) and i was ok satisfied with them... i think im more on to try something ive never tried before... ya know

Yeah I definitely understand, was at this stage in October and deciding between a CVX 15" or a Sundown Z15. So I went with the new, but I always know what I can fall back on but I would recommend Kickers to anyone, especially the CVR's and CVX's (mt favorites).

You have a lot of subs to choose from, look at: Fi Car Audio SSD or BL's, Incriminator Audio, Sundown Audio, SSA and Soundsplinter. All are good companies with great products, hope that helps.

Yeah I definitely understand, was at this stage in October and deciding between a CVX 15" or a Sundown Z15. So I went with the new, but I always know what I can fall back on but I would recommend Kickers to anyone, especially the CVR's and CVX's (mt favorites).

You have a lot of subs to choose from, look at: Fi Car Audio SSD or BL's, Incriminator Audio, Sundown Audio, SSA and Soundsplinter. All are good companies with great products, hope that helps.

it does and i appriciate it i have looked into all but soundsplinter... not familiar with that one