Chevy350TPI

Check My Work Please

post-7-1121129998_thumb.jpg

post-7-1121130006_thumb.jpg

You can see what Josh (funny guy :Doh: ) drew up, and then you can see how I tried to tie it all together so all I need to do is lay out the components just like a picture. I used circles and boxes to save time ;)

I think the only thing I am unsure of are the woofer -'s and the mid +'s (keep the reversed polarity + (2x) driver in the tower) ... I don't know where I'm supposed to tie them into the neg path - don't know if I have it close to being correct or not, as I just threw them in there. I could always move them right to the main neg lead coming from the binding post if it makes a difference.

Your drawing matches up 100% as far as I can tell. I don't understand the need for the reversed polarity though, nor do I understand what you are asking about it. :Doh:

**Edit**

Ask Josh. He's far more knowledgable than I. :fart:

Your drawing matches up 100% as far as I can tell.  I don't understand the need for the reversed polarity though, nor do I understand what you are asking about it. :Doh:

**Edit**

Ask Josh.  He's far more knowledgable than I. :fart:

:word:

X3. I have no idea why the polarities are different. Maybe he did it to make sure you were paying attention? :partybanana:

well.. since I could not edit that above post^

EDIT: I have a hard time grasping why you would have any sort of phase issues to warrant reversing the polarity of the mids and tweets in a tower.

I don't know ... I'm just following what was set forth in the first diagram ...

well.. since I could not edit that above post^

EDIT: I have a hard time grasping why you would have any sort of phase issues to warrant reversing the polarity of the mids and tweets in a tower.

I think it's because he's using dual mids??? Height?? Group delay? Hell I don't know. Passives usually kick my ass. I don't understand them enought to tune them well.

Well, my question would be if I tied the tweet +, mid +'s, and woofer -'s in at the right place.

You can see where I have them connected ... and now looking at my diagram I can see that I completely forgot to put in the tweet + ... but it would be off of the main neg line somewhere.

You can see that I've tied the mid +'s and woofer -'s (and tweet +) into the neg line after a few components - now I don't know if I should connect them there, or right near the -in before any components ... or if it makes any difference at all.

Well, my question would be if I tied the tweet +, mid +'s, and woofer -'s in at the right place.

You can see where I have them connected ... and now looking at my diagram I can see that I completely forgot to put in the tweet + ... but it would be off of the main neg line somewhere.

You can see that I've tied the mid +'s and woofer -'s (and tweet +) into the neg line after a few components - now I don't know if I should connect them there, or right near the -in before any components ... or if it makes any difference at all.

No it doesn't. The negative will be THE common point in the entire design. I ususally put my input at one end and just use a common negative on the other end with enought terminals for however many drivers I'm using.