Don Ganso

Running .67

Is it o.k. to run a .67 load on one of the SAZ models? I am currently feelin' around the forum to find out what I want to do with my sub stage and might do three SA-8s. Before I get too carried away, I wanted to make sure that it would be safe to run 3 D4 SA-8s off of an SAZ model amp, (currently the 1000D but beefing up to a used 2000D in the future for comps and such). I suppose the second question would then be: As long as I keep the box small and watch the volume knob when I'm daily driving, would it be safe to run the afore-mentioned subs off an SAZ-2000D? I don't know for certain, but wouldn't that be 3000 watts-ish?

Thanks for any help in advance

P.S. I didn't ask Jacob directly cause I know he is busy and figured he could use a break from my dumb questions. I was told by him in an earlier email that I could run an SAZ at .7, but is it O.K. just a little lower? I guess I will find out...

it may not blow your amp soon but it can.. running at any ohm LOWER than 1 ohm is uncovered by the warranty, you can.. but do you really want to squeeze that tiny bit out of it? you wouldn't even be able to hear the difference.

I ran mine at .67 with 6 re 8s. stayed cold enough to cool your beer. .5 it got hot

With a good electrical system backing it will last a long time, but less than if it was running at 1 ohm.

it may not blow your amp soon but it can.. running at any ohm LOWER than 1 ohm is uncovered by the warranty, you can.. but do you really want to squeeze that tiny bit out of it? you wouldn't even be able to hear the difference.

With the 2000d it will be maybe 1200 watts more at .67 with D4s than 1.3 with D2s, so even if it isn't audible I would hope that it will make a difference on the meter, (comp setup I hope).

I'm beefing up the electrical before I move up to the larger amp, but with only the big 3, my car is handling the 1000d like a champ.

Thanks for the help so far everyone! If anyone else has any experiences with a scenario like this feel free to chime in!

I'd just get D2's and run 1.33 ohm.....no need to shorten the life of your amp, if you want more power, run 16v batts for competition and you'll more than make up the difference without voiding your warranty.

with good electrical i have seen them run under .5 and they will take it but as stated it does void warranty but the SAZ amps will take it they are beasts im sure you wont have any problems at .67 with rise and such you will be over 1 ohm anyway

i have had my 1500s for about 3 years and since the day the came out of the box they have been run at .5 ohm or lower sometimes testing.. i have melted teh fusing off the sides of both my amps but never had any other problems... but i had the battery bank to back it up too... really if you use a little common sense and keep your voltage up they do good at lower impedences. of corse it voids your warranty but like i said it should take it mine have.

I'd just get D2's and run 1.33 ohm.....no need to shorten the life of your amp, if you want more power, run 16v batts for competition and you'll more than make up the difference without voiding your warranty.

Certain comp. restrictions require me to use 12v batts, so as long as I can go at .67 safely, I will.

Does everything under 1 ohm void the warranty? As I said before, I had asked Jacob about .7 awhile back and he said it would be fine, but not if it would void the warranty or not.

Yeah anything under 1ohm isn't covered by the warranty. Although I would think the SAZ could handle .67ohms. After imp rise you wont see that anyway.

Yeah anything under 1ohm isn't covered by the warranty. Although I would think the SAZ could handle .67ohms. After imp rise you wont see that anyway.

Then it's decided. When I got the dead presidents, I'm going with D4s.

Thanks again everybody.

you must double your power for a 3db increase.

im running my 1500 at .66 and it loves it, just dont send a clipped signal and give it the power it needs and you will be cool, also as long as your not abusing the amp, jacob will take care of you

i will be using 3 each sa8 dvc 4 ohm off a saz 3500

i have not had issues runnning dd 1508 x 3 each dvc 4 off that same saz 3500

i expect no issues

I understand this, but if it only increases 1 db, it is still an increase. Not an audible one, and maybe not worth it any other time, but it could be worth it in a competition senario, correct? However, if it really would be a problem even after impedence rise and couldn't possible help at all, then I will not do it.

you could get a couple tenths, if competing go ahead, do you have the electrical to back it up? if so go for it , but like i said dont clip it it wont like it

Electrical first, new amp second of course! I haven't pulled the trigger yet, so anyone feel free to add info to this thread!

Just my .02, anything that I have to run below rated ohm load then I wont do it especially when it voids warranty. If you have to run anything below the amps recommended final ohm load then you need to get a bigger more powerful amp, but to each its own. Yeah it can be done and grab you some tenths but why put your amp through that just for some competition (am I a competitor no Im not but if I were I wouldnt do, I would just get more power to run the amp where it should be ran at). There are a lot of people who do run that low or lower with no problems so it is a personal preference that is up to the user.

well when the next step up is a couple hundred you tend to get what you can out of an amp...... also anybody who has run sundown amps has confidence in .5, also like i said as long as the amp isent beaten to shit, under voltage ect jacob taks care of his customers

Gosh... Great arguments for both sides of the issue... The only reason I couldn't go with a larger amp is because I have to stay under 600 watts RMS at 4 ohms and they count the HU's power if it is running any speakers... 2000d biggest I can go

unless you have a used one lined up man the are out of production.... 2500 is the replacement ...... also jaycee does have very valid points, i dont want to make it seem fool proff

unless you have a used one lined up man the are out of production.... 2500 is the replacement ...... also jaycee does have very valid points, i dont want to make it seem fool proff

Yeah, I will be looking for a used one.

Jay-cee, I see your point and value your input. Can you clarify what you mean by getting more power for the amp to be run at where it should be?

Im guessing your gonna wanna run the SAZ-2000D @ 0.67 ohms when you get it, since it is discontinued just get the SAZ-2500D and run it to 1 ohm (thats what I mean by getting an amp with more power so you can run it where it can run comfortably).

Im guessing your gonna wanna run the SAZ-2000D @ 0.67 ohms when you get it, since it is discontinued just get the SAZ-2500D and run it to 1 ohm (thats what I mean by getting an amp with more power so you can run it where it can run comfortably).

Can't. 0-600 watts rms at 4 ohms, (which the amp fits in), but then I have to include the HU's power as well because it runs the el-cheapo pioneers I have in the doors.

^^^^^^^ 600 is the 4 ohm power of the 2500, right?

Either way, comp gurus, please throw in some input as well.

Thanks for the clarification Jay-cee. I am new to competing, but hey, I want to win! We all do, but I guess if there is things like this that I can do that could help a bit, I'll do it. From what I have heard on this thread, .67 is safe for the amps, but I also understand it is not covered by the warranty. I guess I would be willing to take my chances with that as I will have a solid electrical system before I have a more powerful amp, but if there are major problems that are not only possible but likely, I would definitely want to know.

You know you are on a great forum when everyone wants what is best for your equipment!