dennisp

sealed doorpods

Mine> all of yours

And you know it

And his doorpods don't stick out that bad, mine sticks out ~ 10" on the drivers side...

Lookin good man!

x2. most of the pods i've seen stick out a whole lot more than mine. mine are barely even noticeable.

thanks bro :) you and noah are the whole reason i wanted to make doorpods.

more opinions on the vinyl color please :D

hehehehe....

I need to get some damn grilles... :( ...but $15 each sucks balls...

NG

Mine> all of yours

And you know it

Moot point if you're on the bus.

So are you saving for a car or what?

Pennis, I was looking up and down for grilles for my extremis...es, I gave up on finding anything that going to be what I want or would even deem acceptable, so I've committed to making my own. I'll prolly make a set for Njizm while I'm at it... Kinda sucks that NOTHING will really work for them as is...

I'm going to try to have my passanger pod done by this weekend as I finally got the drivers to a point that ALL construction work was done just yesterday. New amps soon hopefully.

You planning on making a vid for ROE? I will be, just gotta get a miniDVD-RW first...

oh and Noah's frontstage is sweet...

Mine> all of yours

And you know it

Pennis, I was looking up and down for grilles for my extremis...es, I gave up on finding anything that going to be what I want or would even deem acceptable, so I've committed to making my own. I'll prolly make a set for Njizm while I'm at it... Kinda sucks that NOTHING will really work for them as is...

I'm going to try to have my passanger pod done by this weekend as I finally got the drivers to a point that ALL construction work was done just yesterday. New amps soon hopefully.

You planning on making a vid for ROE? I will be, just gotta get a miniDVD-RW first...

Yep

Mine> all of yours

And you know it

i dont even have enough power for a pr0n vid but we'll see. i'd like to see how your grills turn out :) also like to hear how your install turns out with that extra power from ur new amps, should be sick. which kicker amps were u getting again? i'll have to bother my friend at CC :P

damn thats some headroom on the mids. no subs?

so any info how how they sound? or is that just a moot point too?

;p

not installed yet. just waiting on some wire and then i'll know.

should be sent out tomorrow

no edead, bro made the label for weight before i got it

not as smooth as can be, but i pucking give up.

633un.jpg

641oh.jpg

just waiting for the caulking to dry and imma throw them bishes in.

how long does caulking take to dry?

that looks pretty damn sweet Dennis, good work

let us know how they sound

not as smooth as can be, but i pucking give up.

633un.jpg

641oh.jpg

just waiting for the caulking to dry and imma throw them bishes in.

how long does caulking take to dry?

I didnt know you needed to dry it..... :greddy2:

( few hours)

looks good dennis, how did you decide to hold them to the door?

amp is a MA audio m1883i, cuz thats all i had lying around.

it does 50x2 @8ohms (supposedly). will get a dls a3 whenever the cash comes around.

they actually didnt need anything to hold them to the doors cuz the mold was so tight, and the window sill holds it in place. part of the pod is screwed to the doorpanel, and there's also industrial velcro all over. hopefully everything stays.

did some preliminary listening, flat EQ, only the TA was set. listened to some focal CD's.

i dunno if it's cuz i havent had mids for so long or the choice of music or what, but they sounded really sweet. top end blends with the horns seamlessly (theyre lp'ed at 2khz right now), and it sounded like the singer(s) were on top of my dash/hood. however, i'm not getting the low low end extremis are known for. i could get it to play down to the 40s or so, but the output wasnt there. most likely cause is the small airspace, i threw some polyfill in there and it helped a little. so for now, they're hp'ed at 63. all in all, very happy with how everything turned out and love the speakers. everything should sound nice and dandy after i adjust all the settings. just wish i had the space to make some ported pods like jason or even just a bigger enclosure.

When are you going to demo it for me ?

Why even attempt to go lower if you don't need them to?