Addiction

SSD or Q 10's

Need some help,

I have an 09 Silverado ext cab truck, and currently I have 2 type r 10's and a PA BAMF 2000/1 amp, the box is tiny, fits under the back seat and down fires (sealed .6cuft each sub) . My buddy with the exact same truck, just put in the same box with JL 10w3's and a JL Slash 500/1 amp. His system KILLS mine!! My type r's sound terrible. I thought it was the small box but a local shop told me it was most likely the crappy amp that I have.

So, I have decided to throw my current set up in the trash and do it right this time. My question, should I go with the SSD 10's or wait for the new Q's? The amp I will use to power them will be a Sundown SAE-1200D (unless you suggest something similar in the same price range.) My price range for the subs is $500 for both, max.

Looks like the new Q's will fit my tiny box specs of .6 cuft, but looks like the SSD's barely make it as well.

I'm not looking for the best quality sound sub, but I want it to pound the $hit out of the JL 10w3's :) while still sounding decent.

I listen to everything but mainly hip-hop, rap, ect just for the bass.

Here is a similar box just in case you wanna give it a look, http://www.subthump.com/images/silverado/2007/cxb07-a.jpg

Thanks for your help,

:wavey5: and I see your from my area, if you need any assistance or help when a shop seems like they are BS'ing you just get in touch with me.

:wavey5: and I see your from my area, if you need any assistance or help when a shop seems like they are BS'ing you just get in touch with me.

Hey whatsgoing on CJ? What part of DFW area are you located?

Can you give me any advice on my post? I think Imma go with the SSD's but just wanted to get some opinions. Do you know if they will perform well in the tiny sealed inclosures? .6cuft??

Can someone tell me what the "H-Qts sealed" option is for the SSD10? Is this for using them in small sealed enclosures?

Thanks,

Yeah

Yeah

Last noob question, If I get 2 dual 1ohm subs, I can wire them both for a 1ohm load correct? Just you would with 2ohm to get 2ohms or 4ohm subs to get 4ohms, same way right?

Go to www.the12volt.com and click on the subwoofer wiring diagram if you want to play with ohm loads of different voice coil

Yes you can:

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Thanks for all of your help CJ!! I i know its hard answering noob question all the time, but I appreciate your help.

Not a problem, switch the initials around (JC).

Need some help,

I have an 09 Silverado ext cab truck, and currently I have 2 type r 10's and a PA BAMF 2000/1 amp, the box is tiny, fits under the back seat and down fires (sealed .6cuft each sub) . My buddy with the exact same truck, just put in the same box with JL 10w3's and a JL Slash 500/1 amp. His system KILLS mine!! My type r's sound terrible. I thought it was the small box but a local shop told me it was most likely the crappy amp that I have.

So, I have decided to throw my current set up in the trash and do it right this time. My question, should I go with the SSD 10's or wait for the new Q's? The amp I will use to power them will be a Sundown SAE-1200D (unless you suggest something similar in the same price range.) My price range for the subs is $500 for both, max.

Looks like the new Q's will fit my tiny box specs of .6 cuft, but looks like the SSD's barely make it as well.

I'm not looking for the best quality sound sub, but I want it to pound the $hit out of the JL 10w3's :) while still sounding decent.

I listen to everything but mainly hip-hop, rap, ect just for the bass.

Here is a similar box just in case you wanna give it a look, http://www.subthump.com/images/silverado/2007/cxb07-a.jpg

Thanks for your help,

*Update*

Got my SAE-1200Dv2 in yesterday and hooked it up today and WOW!!! HUGE difference!! It sounds exactly like my buddies truck! Loud and crisp! My FI SSD's should be here Tuesday, cant wait to see the difference!!

My cuz wants to get some bump for his silverado. I wanna see how this works out. And when did ya order the SSD's?

My cuz wants to get some bump for his silverado. I wanna see how this works out. And when did ya order the SSD's?

Got the SSD's installed today. Not a HUGE difference over the type r's but they do hit harder. I still need to do some tweeking on my amp. Seems as though the subs are bottoming out. Gain is only about 1/4 turn up on the amp. But still I would say it hits harder than the type r's and the JL's at this point.

It took about 10 days total to recieve the subs once I ordered. They would have been here a few day sooner but I noticed on the tracking that they got held up in Cali for some reason. I also thought that was weird, they went from NV to CA then to TX??? Oh well, no complaits here, these subs ROCK!!

Edited by Addiction

Got the SSD's installed today. Not a HUGE difference over the type r's but they do hit harder. I still need to do some tweeking on my amp. Seems as though the subs are bottoming out. Gain is only about 1/4 turn up on the amp. But still I would say it hits harder than the type r's and the JL's at this point.

It took about 10 days total to recieve the subs once I ordered. They would have been here a few day sooner but I noticed on the tracking that they got held up in Cali for some reason. I also thought that was weird, they went from NV to CA then to TX??? Oh well, no complaits here, these subs ROCK!!

where did you mount your amp, i have the same truck and im lookin at the same box...just wondering

SSD's are a MUCH better sub then a type r..by a long shot..i've had them lol.

What are your box specs and tuning? You should not have any issues with bottoming out or anything with them..

Is it normal for the gain to be that low?? The 50hz test tone on the CD seems VERY loud but when I set the correct gain and then listen to the radio, I have to turn the bass on the HU to max to get some output?

What are your thoughts on this?

Is it normal for the gain to be that low?? The 50hz test tone on the CD seems VERY loud but when I set the correct gain and then listen to the radio, I have to turn the bass on the HU to max to get some output?

What are your thoughts on this?

Your test tone is constant 50Hz sine wave, probably recorded at 0 db. Music is not going to have constant bass recorded at 0 db, it could even be negative. Not to mean that a TL meter is going to read 0, it just means that the test tone is not jacked up or lowered in volume during recording.