Frostedflakejake

FrostedFlakeJake's Build Log

So after ordering parts and doing some small work here and there since August 09, i finally decided to start this build log. It's my first real build. Everything else prefab boxes and no electrical upgrades needed. (two set-ups off of a Crunch p1100.2. my favorite set-up was 2 12" mtx tr55 in mtx ported box). So this current build is a big, giant step for me. All the equipment is in my signature. It's my first box build and i went off of some dimensions that i received here on the forum. Should be around 32 hz (home depot doesn't do exact cuts!!). I wasn't entirely sure what to do for bracing... If i'm not pleased with the sound of this box, i'm more than open to making another one. Just wanted to try it first on my own. Right now i'm being held up by, of all things, ring terminals. I posted a thread listing the horrors that has been this project. Here's the link if anyone is interested Is This Normal? - SSA Car Audio Forum

I have all the products i need, i'm just waiting to install. Box is carpeted so i have to get new pics of that. Installing the components is the next hurdle for me, another first for me.

So on to pics!! Tried to capture everything.

100_3493.jpg

theres how the sub came

100_3496.jpg

it's STILL sitting like this in my room, after 6 months.

SDC10343.jpg

sub next to me, yes, I'm a young buck.

SDC10525.jpg

picture of my truck!! (the tires are a joke)

SDC10528.jpg

Head unit!!

SDC10541.jpg

SDC10576.jpg

the battery i didn't really want

SDC10579.jpg

SDC10580.jpg

SDC10581.jpg

SDC10547.jpg

SDC10548.jpg

SDC10549.jpg

Had no idea what i was doing here with the bracing...

SDC10550.jpg

double baffle

SDC10557.jpg

SDC10568.jpg

wish me luck!! :woot:

looking good, keep up the great work :fing34:

Nice start, keep us updated.

Beefy woofer! I like the tires too ;)

At a quick glance I thought the truck was LOWERED with beefy tires, I was like :WTFBubble: Haha but then I gained more braincells and looked again :)

Actually brain cells never undergo mitosis :P unless you injected stem cells in your brain :ehh:

Ha yeah the tires are for a 1953 Dodge M37 military truck. 39's. I would need about... 8 inches of lift to fit those puppies on.

Onto the audio world!! I don't have much time today due to finals coming up, so my hope is to get the BTL into the box! Simple really... but it sucks because it can't stay in the box cause i'm not leaving it out in the garage... thats just asking for a screwdriver through the cone. So hopefully that will get done today and i can upload some pics!

No lift needed to fit them, you just need to cut some metal out of those wheel wells :P

Keep up the good work, looks like you're off to a great start!