sx

:trippy: ??? :trippy:

Give us more information than that.

ha what happened? he used to have a good thread here... well he was asking about this alt

88-93 Blazer/Jimmy 4.3/5.7L

200 amp version for 164.99 for his blazer. I read his post right after he made it.

why was it edited then? lol

post 400

i have no clue. ha. but thats what the original link was. he also said he knows about Iraggi and DC power, but he was just curious about that one.

Maybe he answered his own question?

"shrug" if they ever reply to their own thread... haha

I currently run a 200amp alternator from motorcityreman. It's in my '89 Astro.

Is it a good brand? If you are pretty much strapped on money to buy from iraggi, mechman, DC, powermaster, or any of the others, then the answer is yes. You have to know to not expect much from it though.

When cold my alternator charges at 14.8/9 volts. After it warms up it drops down to 14.2volts. Sometimes when I drive a little while and stop at a store (turning the van off) then leaving the store (starting the van), I see voltages of 14.0 for a while. The voltage does get back to 14.2/3volts, but it takes a bit.

Now, bumping the system. 2 batteries (I know, I know, I need more batteries), one in front and one in back. A SoundStream xxx-4000d amplifier @1ohm. This is sitting in the driveway idling. When cold voltage does not drop no matter the volume system is played at. When alternator is warmed up, well, let's just say I have seen 10volts. If I raise the idle, I'll get back to the normal 14.2/3volts where it will stay.

I've been running my alternator for right around 3 years, IIRC. It is no where near the best, but does serve it's purpose. For a comparison.... My powermaster alternator with external variable voltage regulator never dropped voltage no matter what. I had it set for 14.5volt, when I ran it as a replacement for my stock alternator. When I ran it at 19.5 volts for my 16volt setup, it still didn't drop any. Of course, on the 16volt setup I had 14 batteries which helped out quite a bit.

Definitely need more info than "sx" to give anyone an intelligible answer.

Assuming I'm not wasting my virtual breath here and the OP returns to the topic, the OP should detail the reasoning behind his question.