wof131s

DC XL or IA DP

Either would be a 15'' ran off an AQ 2200. Am more focus on SPL but would like to sound desent. Setup will be going into a Dakota ext. cab. Enclosure will be a 4 cu.ft. tunes to 32Hz. I mosting listen to reggae with a little rap in the mix. I also was told about the Fi BTL but would like you guys opinions on the chosen few. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Why are you deciding on the enclosure before the driver?

Your going about that the wrong way.

No more comparison threads, start a topic explaining goals and sound preferences (music you listen to) so we can focus on what fits your needs. Then we can help you narrow done a subwoofer and then an enclosure that will fit your goals. Also dont forget about a budget and electrical upgrades you have done if any.

Why are you deciding on the enclosure before the driver?

Because I got with both Nick and Rusty and they both said that its the optimum size enclosure for each of their drivers.

I have a 220 amp HO alt. the big 3 done in double runs of 0 gauge wire and an extra battery in the back. This should be suffient for a AQ2200 amp. Like I stated in my first post, i listen to mostly reggae music with just alittle rap mixed in. Amp not going to compete but I am looking for a SPL setup that will sound desent on music.

Hoping this will help a little, Thanks

I am in a similar boat, I have compared a DC lvl4xl15 to a Mojo, in one car it is the same - you can't tell the diff. The only IA I have heard were the LI15s, they were nice.

I did however just do a SAZ3000 on an AQ HDC315 in a Dakota and it rocked, I would post a vid, but last time I did that I got flamed...

I'm a little biased when it comes to IA but DC also make a very decent subwoofer! For me go with the DP and support the SSA Store!

Btw I noticed DC is not under the manufacturer section anymore. shrug.gif

Btw I noticed DC is not under the manufacturer section anymore. shrug.gif

I didnt notice that, wonder why? :peepwall:

Nothing bad, PM me if you need to know.

IA all the way! I love the way DCs look but hate the way they sound lol. I wanted a 10" Lvl 5 for a while... glad I didn't splurge

BTL will sound more musical than both of those and put up the same numbers :fyi:

Says you!

All install dependent but the DP and BTL can get crazy loud and still retain quality when designed for a daily type system!

So tell me, for a daily system what type parameters should be in place. For example, the DP on a AQ2200. What size enclosure should be used? What size port, and what should the enclosure to tune to? Should it be more SQ or SPL?. I always thought that you should design your system around the type of music you listen to and what you perfered, but I might be wrong. shrug.gif

So tell me, for a daily system what type parameters should be in place. For example, the DP on a AQ2200. What size enclosure should be used? What size port, and what should the enclosure to tune to? Should it be more SQ or SPL?. I always thought that you should design your system around the type of music you listen to and what you preferred, but I might be wrong. shrug.gif

I have my 2 LI series 15 tuned to 35hz and they are loud, have great transient response and will move some serious air while still sounding good. I would check out the tech section (Enclosures) on the IA Website and use what they recommend.

Tune the DP's in the low 30's, and build a strong braced box to IA's spec's and you should have plenty output without loss of clarity.