shakes

Sundown Z15's tuning

I'll be running a pair of Z15's, I guess I listen to mostly rap, but I spend about half of my listening experience listening to virtually any other genre. Just looking for suggestions on what about I should tune the box to. I was thinking about 33hz, but now find myself second guessing as it comes closer to box building time.

Thoughts/inputs/insults?

I'll be running a pair of Z15's, I guess I listen to mostly rap, but I spend about half of my listening experience listening to virtually any other genre. Just looking for suggestions on what about I should tune the box to. I was thinking about 33hz, but now find myself second guessing as it comes closer to box building time.

Thoughts/inputs/insults?

Thats kinda funny.

33hz is a good medium to me. Its all your preference so its hard to say what you will like to hear in your vehicle.

Thoughts/inputs/insults?

Thats kinda funny.

33hz is a good medium to me. Its all your preference so its hard to say what you will like to hear in your vehicle.

X2. 33hz is a good medium for the lower range tunings (30-35) and sounds optimal for your install. Most of the Z15 installs I've seen have been 32-34 hz and they have been satisfied. Only way to really judge is to try it out for yourself in your vehicle. But for my opinion, 33hz should sound just fine. Anything lower will sound muddy and empty on most notes, and anything higher will be lacking the lows in your rap songs. Plus that tuning should sound alright with the other genres you've mentioned as long as you set your levels to balance out. (Bass control knob, etc)

I also agree on the insults part, haha. Quite funny.