Puff Puff Pass !!

Sundown Audio

So I had made a topic on this b4 I think but I just received my Sundown Audio SAE 1200d from Fedex and I was all happy and so on, Till I started opening it and I see on the bottom of the Sundown packaging that it is made in CHINA !!!

Not really a big fan of CHINA products due to so many problems in the past so hopefully nothing will go wrong with my amp! :unsure:

So I had made a topic on this b4 I think but I just received my Sundown Audio SAE 1200d from Fedex and I was all happy and so on, Till I started opening it and I see on the bottom of the Sundown packaging that it is made in CHINA !!!

Not really a big fan of CHINA products due to so many problems in the past so hopefully nothing will go wrong with my amp! :unsure:

Why would the place its made make you not happy, the performance and only the performance should :Doh:.

They are build in China to Jacob's specifications, just like the SAZ series is built in Korea to Jacob's specifications.

Because china products aren't worth that much and is total garbage compared to USA products such as ZAPCO, ROCKFORD FOSGATE and etc. I understand that the Sundown is a good brand just really wish it was made with hands from USA

Because china products aren't worth that much and is total garbage compared to USA products such as ZAPCO, ROCKFORD FOSGATE and etc. I understand that the Sundown is a good brand just really wish it was made with hands from USA

Where its made has little to do with how it will perform, the components and quality of parts that the manufacturer chooses to use will help determine that. Regardless where something is made, if you use cheap crap to make it then you get cheap crap in return (that simple).

Thank you thats what im trying to tell you. China uses cheap tools and products and USA has basically built to last quality ! Thats why I really wish Sundown Audio were made in USA to last a whole lot longer

Where they are built has nothing to do with their quality. At all. Period. They are built to Jacob's specs. If they cut corners it'd be fairly obvious and I have yet to read any complaints about Sundown amps.

Edit: Logical complaints that is.

Edited by Bearlokey13

I see where you are coming from, not arguing I just look at things differently. I look at the company itself and its ethics/morals (such as not dicking the customer just to get money) as me choosing to buy there products then were its made but to each its own. But nevertheless you should be pleased with there performance and reliability, have you asked Jacob if he ever plans on having handmade USA amps?

It's because everything I have bought for my audio is all made in America I have never had one single problem with USA products and thats why I am worried that I kinda paid a high amount of money for my age and the amp just takes a shit on me. Then there goes my money down the drain !

You don't have to worry about that though. Sundown has excellent customer service, you can even reach the owner right here on this board ( good luck trying to personally contact the top dogs at RF).

It's because everything I have bought for my audio is all made in America I have never had one single problem with USA products and thats why I am worried that I kinda paid a high amount of money for my age and the amp just takes a shit on me. Then there goes my money down the drain !

I doubt it will take a shit on you unless it is user error, like most amps that fail usually fail to user error. Plus Jacob has one of the best customer service around if an event where you amp did take a shit on you.

What will this amp be powering, hopefully you will have a build log with pictures and good luck with the install.

That's where Jacob comes to play. Your not left out on your one if one of Jacob's amps fail.

You do realize that if all the amps were built here they would be about twice the price, with the SAME level of quality and components, the only thing that changes is American hands piecing the amp together vs. Chinese hands. China does it for muh cheaper because they don't have minimum wage laws.

I hear you on USA made equipment, but I have yet to read anything negative about Sundown. In my humble opinion I think it'll be fine, and as others have said, they have some of the best customer service in the business in case you need it.

Korea > China

That amp built in the USA would have cost 3x's the price you paid and would still have had imported parts.

If it does what it's supposed to, has the features you need, and is in your budget then what's the problem?

Spending more on a different 1000w amp wont make it sound any better.

I buy container loads of stuff out of China.

Two things are a must with anything built in China.

One is specs....and the second is quality control.

If you have a grip on these two you can get awesome things that are built in China.

Good luck on yer amp. I'm sure it will be fine.

You may want to check out where the latest RF and Zapco amps are now built! Iirmc RF has moved all if not all production overseas. Zapco still makes the Competition series amplifiers in the USA everything else off shore.

Doesn't matter where it's made. EVERY thing electronic or electronic controlled has SOMEthing in it from overseas.

Doesn't matter where it's made. EVERY thing electronic or electronic controlled has SOMEthing in it from overseas.

this! and if it werent made in china or korea, you would be paying RF prices... or even more. and as far as quality goes, i work with china made parts daily, it takes them a little bit to get what you want right away (laungauge barrier) but once they get, its spot on from there on out, so consistant its rediculus! and for the best quality go to japan...

VERY few amps are still built here.