jonbearsmt

bypassing emissions evap canister???

lincoln towncar.. its on the bottom of the trunk the monster knock has removed it from the bottom of my trunk witch once was its home.... i found out the solinld has brrn broke for a while now..... so my question is... one hose sucks and the other blows... so can i just put them hos togather?

That's not for the emissions, it's for venting fuel vapors. It's called an Evap canister. Leave it in place.

That's not for the emissions, it's for venting fuel vapors. It's called an Evap canister. Leave it in place.

not really an option at this point....it has been broken off and distroyed by bass...... any advice?

you can get rid of it but it requires running a vent to the tank itself and then you will always smell fuel, i had to do it on my s10 when i bodydropped it.

you can get rid of it but it requires running a vent to the tank itself and then you will always smell fuel, i had to do it on my s10 when i bodydropped it.

There you go. It may throw a code thoughl. OBDII is pretty sensitive to change and not easily adaptable as OBDI.

There you go. It may throw a code thoughl. OBDII is pretty sensitive to change and not easily adaptable as OBDI.

the tank is upright.... vertical? and there is but an inch between body and fuel tank where all hoses/wires go in .. so im not sure a vented cap would do well... even if i fould one that would fit! but the hies come below the car... could i perhaps vent safly down there

???

and im also wondering whats best long run wise on this.. is this why i started getting really bad fuel milage in town? i mean my solinoed has been GONE for 8 months... so it has not been working properly for atleast that long.. i just noticed that it was hanging today from my car.. but i noiced wire that went no where about 8 months ago..AKA THE SOLINOED.

FUCK IM DRUNK

SPELLING BEE CHAMPION SON! 5TH GREADE MRS JOHNSONS CLASS

IT's all good Jon.

This could be a reason for the bad mileage, but with the miles you have on that baby, I'd just contribute it to old age.

If you haven't had any adverse effects already, I wouldn't worry about it.

it'll almost definately throw a code, probaly already is??? if you can get that length of hose into a somewhat upright positiona dn can finda vent or even one of those cheap crappy small ricer filters than you could do that but just keep in mind that the fumes are themost dangerouse part of gasoline.

keep in mind that the fumes are themost dangerouse part of gasoline.

and that is why i am worried.

keep in mind that the fumes are themost dangerouse part of gasoline.

and that is why i am worried.

Hmm, well if you went the route of putting a new/used one back on maybe you could isolate it from the vibrating undercarriage somehow with some sort of insulation... weatherstripping, maybe some duct tape and Maxi pads or something?? lol MacGuyver that shit Jon