gadgeteer123

Getting license soon, any random ideas for stereo setup and design

not that kind, its that tinfoil bubble wrap, that is supposed to be equivalent to a hollow 4 inch thick wall with drywall on each side, i know its not much but it was in the basement and free for me, so i used it and it did help a little I put 2 layers in the hatch and one layer one the sides. i'm poor at the moment.

Sounds like that i s a sound barrier, like to keep sound in the car. Sound deadener is to improve the sound that is inside, not really to keep the sound inside the car. Different functions and results. Buy a few sheets of secondskin, use one or two on your moms car. Not more then $10 for a few sheets and you can save the rest for your car later.

I thought deadener was to keep the sound inside, so are we just trying to soften it or repel the sound, cuz wouldn't house insulation absorb it, I have tons of that. But I am already saving for a new car, I plan to have my own car before the end of may so i will wait until I get a car and see how much money i got then for deadening it.

This thread makes me want to shoot myself. I now know why m5 gives you so much shit.

This thread makes me want to shoot myself. I now know why m5 gives you so much shit.

Pipe down and get back on Seka, John! laugh.gif

why? i'm just trying to make some conversation to pass by the time, and to see if anyone sees any setup flaws that I am missing. and this is the off-topic section anything goes in here. I like to overly make sure of everything I don't just like to hear something i like to know the facts and and links to extra in depth info, When i want to learn something I want to know every aspect of it. If everyone would answer my questions with great detail or links to a site with great detail explaining how it works, and exactly how to set it up then i would be ok thanks and that would be all there would be no debate or doubts. I know most of you know your stuff but it never hurts to want to know the whole story.

why? i'm just trying to make some conversation to pass by the time, and to see if anyone sees any setup flaws that I am missing. and this is the off-topic section anything goes in here. I like to overly make sure of everything I don't just like to hear something i like to know the facts and and links to extra in depth info, When i want to learn something I want to know every aspect of it. If everyone would answer my questions with great detail or links to a site with great detail explaining how it works, and exactly how to set it up then i would be ok thanks and that would be all there would be no debate or doubts. I know most of you know your stuff but it never hurts to want to know the whole story.

That's exactly the problem. When people give you advice, and explanation regarding said advice, you ignore it or simply refuse to believe it. Believe it or not but when someone says something you can take the initiative and go and research it yourself. There are plenty of resources on the net to do so.

i have beleived everything except the no rear speaker thing, im not saying its wrong in the proper setup but in my wagons stock speakers holes it doesnt sound anywhere as good as when I have the back speakers on.

i have beleived everything except the no rear speaker thing, im not saying its wrong in the proper setup but in my wagons stock speakers holes it doesnt sound anywhere as good as when I have the back speakers on.

Like I said, once again, you ignore the fact that you can research this via other resources than just this site.

But I have researched, and i have read atleast ten different topics on here about front speaker and no rear speakers, but from my own experience I don't see how it better.

But I have researched, and i have read atleast ten different topics on here about front speaker and no rear speakers, but from my own experience I don't see how it better.

Do your ears face backwards or forwards?

umm forward but i like the way it sounds when the sound is everywhere when its just the front speakers its just coming from in front of me, which when i'm listening to music I like the around you sound like you get with good headphones.

Apparently your front stage sucks.

Ones I was in a SQ vehicle and thought I was in heaven when he turned it up. The sound was so rich, no distortion, could hear notes that you didn't know they where there. I was in the back seat and was getting the full pictures, no back stage whatsoever.

One question to ask yourself. When you go to a concert where does the sound come from? Maybe in front of you? :shrug:

I thought deadener was to keep the sound inside, so are we just trying to soften it or repel the sound, cuz wouldn't house insulation absorb it, I have tons of that. But I am already saving for a new car, I plan to have my own car before the end of may so i will wait until I get a car and see how much money i got then for deadening it.

Deadener stops metal panels from vibrating and creating new sounds that aren't intended to be produced. A sound barrier would keep the sound in the car and outside sounds out of the car . Sound absorption will absorb sound in the car (think about those acoustic panels on studio walls). You don't really need the last two, sound deadener alone will make the music in the car sound better.

Thanks, When i get my own car I plan on investing in some of the best SQ speakers for the front.

Thanks, When i get my own car I plan on investing in some of the best SQ speakers for the front.

I would plan on getting a job first.

well i have to wait to get my license first, and I do get ssi cuz i'm autistic. and for my car I am going to be selling my gaming pc, plus what ever else I can find worth money.

Just like your test for rears, you again completely missed the point. It ISN'T the speakers that make anything an SQ setup, but the installation. Exactly why your front / rear test failed.

Look up cancellation, interference on wiki. Read it. Make sure it is in reference to waves. Then ask a logical question regarding the interaction of the fronts and rears WHEN THEY PLAY THE SAME FREQUENCIES. If you truly read it, I doubt you'll even need clarification, but I guess you probably won't believe it either. After all it is just simple Physics.

Read the deadener page that was linked earlier as well. Hell read it 3x. Don't ask another deadening question or for clarification until you do. When you do ask, CITE what you don't understand or need more clarification on. You will be surprised at how much more helpful the answers will become when you spend 5 minutes doing some quick research first. That btw is the appropriate way to ask questions on a forum.

If you really want to know how I feel, try to join www.corner-carvers.com. READ their terms and conditions. A light bulb should go off on how to actually get help on a forum. That one is by far the best run forum thread wise I have ever been on.

He gives himself shit by being a lazy ass and not reading. Every thread, every post, I offer some help and get a stupid response that is mistyped and all reactionary. I've asked him multiple times to re-read his own posts before hitting send, search, and follow the T&C's. Instead we get crap over and over again.

I am really an EASY person to get to help you. You just have to try a little bit. He fails at trying and regularly lies, misleads, and makes it tough to understand him by typing like crap.

ok... I will look up those things, I have already read the deadener page but I will look the other stuff up to. Also I have been spell checking alot of my post lately.

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

He gives himself shit by being a lazy ass and not reading. Every thread, every post, I offer some help and get a stupid response that is mistyped and all reactionary. I've asked him multiple times to re-read his own posts before hitting send, search, and follow the T&C's. Instead we get crap over and over again.

I am really an EASY person to get to help you. You just have to try a little bit. He fails at trying and regularly lies, misleads, and makes it tough to understand him by typing like crap.

Yeah I went into that in some other post in this thread on his lack of researching beforehand. ;)

With a sucky front setup, you're simply relying on the rears (which I assume are 6x9s) to make midbass in the 80-200Hz area.

With a good front setup, you'll never miss the rears.

Easy, right?

Deadener stops metal panels from vibrating and creating new sounds that aren't intended to be produced. A sound barrier would keep the sound in the car and outside sounds out of the car . Sound absorption will absorb sound in the car (think about those acoustic panels on studio walls). You don't really need the last two, sound deadener alone will make the music in the car sound better.

Wait...how do you link to SDS then completely ignore the rest of the info on Don's site? MLV coupled with CCF is the BEST way to block road noise. Deadener alone is not only a waste of time, money, weight, and effort but it's also wrong for everything but vibration dampening. If you're using deadener to block road noise, you're doing it wrong.

I have already read the deadener page

Then you should read it at least 3 more times as it hasn't even come close to sinking in.

MLV coupled with CCF is the BEST way to block road noise.

Well, lead sheets are better ;)

The rest of your post was on target. And yes I realize that price performance of lead make it not so logical to use, so if you replace BEST with most logical we could call it all dead nuts. :P

how do you know if the deadener page sunk in or not, I have not mentioned a single thing about deadener since I have read it?