Sign in to follow this  
DnK

anyone metered their xcon??

i searched and searched and have found only 1 person that posted up numbers with there xcon and i think it was like 142. did anyone else get there xcon metered? if so... was it a 15''?12''? single sub dual? what kinda amp...??

another question i have is i just found out that i cant fit a 15'' unless its inverted and in a smaller box so im stuck with getting a 12. how much low end and air movement you think im gonna loose going with a 12 compared to a 15?

Not many people have meter'ed our drivers as they are not meant or designed to put up major numbers. Not saying they can't, just that was not the intent. So most everyone is using very low tuned enclosures if they are ported.

I have had mine metered.

Both were burps at 43hz in a box tuned to 30hz. With work to deaden the car and a new box tuned higher im positive i could do 150s+ at the headrest.

148.1 @ headrest

150.0 @ windshield

I have had mine metered.

Both were burps at 43hz in a box tuned to 30hz. With work to deaden the car and a new box tuned higher im positive i could do 150s+ at the headrest.

148.1 @ headrest

150.0 @ windshield

ya so these have some nice potential to get loud. good to see a sub that sounds good and gets that loud

I have had mine metered.

148.1 @ headrest

150.0 @ windshield

ya so these have some nice potential to get loud. good to see a sub that sounds good and gets that loud

oh yes they sound amazing getting loud.

how many woofers were that and what size?

Look at his signature, he has 2-15" Xcons and I believe those numbers where when he had the SAZ-1500D on them.

Have you tested them with the SAZ-3000D yet MemphisMzd?

I have had mine metered.

148.1 @ headrest

150.0 @ windshield

Exactly. :)

numbers were with the 3000D but im still lacking voltage needed to make it happy. Clamped it at 2798 awhile back so with more power.. =D magical things happen maybe even a 150. hahaha

numbers were with the 3000D but im still lacking voltage needed to make it happy. Clamped it at 2798 awhile back so with more power.. =D magical things happen maybe even a 150. hahaha

Oh ok, well keep us posted with an update when you get there.

I installed and metered my Xcon 18" today. I hit a 153.9 @ 43hz running one of my amps @ .5 ohm. Amp was 1/2 way with no bass knob and bass boost turned off. The sub will hopefully get louder as she breaks in. The meter I used is a Coustic RTA 33. It's frustrating as hell, because I am in the dark about how it compares to the term lab. I'm hopin to tweak her some, and get mid 150's out of her with two of my amps strapped. My goal is hair tricks and a real Termlab 150. Hopefully by the end of this summer I'll know if this setup can do that. If it can't, I'll redo my wall and run about 250 sq inches of port instead of the 117 I have now.

I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them :)

I installed and metered my Xcon 18" today. I hit a 153.9 @ 43hz running one of my amps @ .5 ohm. Amp was 1/2 way with no bass knob and bass boost turned off. The sub will hopefully get louder as she breaks in. The meter I used is a Coustic RTA 33. It's frustrating as hell, because I am in the dark about how it compares to the term lab. I'm hopin to tweak her some, and get mid 150's out of her with two of my amps strapped. My goal is hair tricks and a real Termlab 150. Hopefully by the end of this summer I'll know if this setup can do that. If it can't, I'll redo my wall and run about 250 sq inches of port instead of the 117 I have now.

wow, nice. get us some pics, we'll get you a rides page.

wow, nice. get us some pics, we'll get you a rides page.

I got a few pics in the photography section. It's very ugly :( Let me paint it, clean it, my interior and my car, and retake some pictures tomorrow and I'll be glad to have my setup on the rides page. :)