ssh

For 400 bucks what would you do?

47 members have voted

1. 1. pick:

I would go for a 15" but I can only fit a box with 14" width... ssa and sundown audio are not the only choices, but I do love the fact of their customer service. Perhaps I should look at IA and fi as well

I've been leaning towards the sa-12's and so far a couple agree. :santa:

Are you POSITIVE that you can't go bigger then 14"? Did you try repositioning the box different ways? Are you planning on sub up/down/left/right/front?

Does price include shipping?

BL18 Price: $ 294.00

BL15 Price: $ 324.00

NOTE: Suggestions based Reviews, Customer Service, Amp, and Good Fuckin Products.

P.S. The SA-12's is my choice for you.

Edited by BanginGMC

I ordered two sa-12's a couple weeks ago, just gotta wait =(

I ordered two sa-12's a couple weeks ago, just gotta wait =(

The dreaded waiting game .... mellow.gif But they will be worth the wait. Local Sundown dealer built a box and is running a SAZ-1000D on it and sounds amazing. Deep low bass notes but fast transient response. Very underrated subwoofer.

Congrats on the purchase! rockwoot.gif

My next purchase is going to be an sae-1200d in about two weeks. I'll probably have the amp before I have the drivers :P

my budget for sub(s) is $400, I've been looking at either getting two sa-12s, two dcon 12"s, or a single xcon 12"

My goal is to get loud, (don't want it for burps and competition tho)

enclosure will be ported, I have plenty of room (3-6.5cubes)

I'm assuming two sa-12"s would be louder than the dcons and louder then a single xcon. But then again I could be full of s***. :D

I'll be powering it with an sae-1200d (1200watts).

What would you do? I know the xcon is an amazing sub, but I also figure there is no replacement for displacement AND i'll only be running 1200watts so it won't be at its full potential.

P.S: the only subs I have heard besides mine (10" type-r...) is two rockford fosgate punch3 12"s on like 300 watts in a prefab box (and it made me happy, so i'm expecting to have an eargasam from my future subs) :P

-Stefan

dang thats sad 0nly 300 watts. ps your 1200 watts probably will only hit about 800 on a good day if all electrical is good and back up battery is applied if you want to run A/C head lights etc.. i say go with 2 dcons or 2 ORIONS XTR15 2 OHM .. THEY RUN ABOUT 180 A PEACE AND HIT 300 WATTS RMS..EACH SINCE YOU DONT WANT MUCH POWER AND WANT GOOD SOUND..

This thread is so old, could this just be closed by a mod :P

Edited by stefanhinote